cloudside shooting ground

lowlander

does anyone on here shoot at cloudside shooting ground

I have shot the ground and it's a nice ground and the club house is great but it's used mainly by members. If you like sporting then you have ipstones and leek or Basforford close but Doveridge is bext for anyone learning as there a plenty of people who are only to glad to help you.

I used to use cloudside quite a lot. Was a member there last year .Its not a bad set up. But i got a bit bored with it as they dont change the layout very often . Thats not to say i`v practiced enough to hit every clay its just nice to shoot at something different .The clubhouse is great and not at all clicky like you get in some . The food is also good if you want to make a day of it. But dont expect to come away with much change in your pocket...............

Where about in Stoke are you Lowlander

I use Cloudside regularly, mainly the skeet to practice crossers, the sporting is very basic but great for a confidence builder or quick practice, used mainly for lessons or corporate entertaining, the club house is superb and every one is really friendly.

Where about in Stoke are you, I am in Packmoor myself and shoot regularly at:

1st Sunday, Leek

3rd Sunday, Betley

4th Sunday, Barthomley

Second Saturday we go to Shugborough and other Saturdays will either be Shugborough or Cloudside.

There is also Holmes Chapel 1st and 3rd Sunday which isnt bad either.

I use Cloudside regularly, mainly the skeet to practice crossers, the sporting is very basic but great for a confidence builder or quick practice, used mainly for lessons or corporate entertaining, the club house is superb and every one is really friendly.

Where about in Stoke are you, I am in Packmoor myself and shoot regularly at:

1st Sunday, Leek

3rd Sunday, Betley

4th Sunday, Barthomley

Second Saturday we go to Shugborough and other Saturdays will either be Shugborough or Cloudside.

There is also Holmes Chapel 1st and 3rd Sunday which isnt bad either.

Andy,

I thought Holmes Chapel had wound up? If it's still going, is it still the site just off the motorway? It used to be a good shoot there. I've just started doing a bit again - shot like a drain at Betley the other week and I need some practice!

Chris

Regarding the Holmes Chapel shoot, there was 2 shoots close by but this is the only one that now exists and can be found at:

Junc 18 of the M6, leave the roundabout and head on the Middlewich road, it is the very first farm on the right hand side, we are talking about 100 yards, pull in the entrance and you will think you have turned in the wrong farm, drive through the yard, head out on the gravel & grass track and its at the end of the track, it is actually a good shoot, my mates are going this Sunday but I shall be going to Leek, I shoot Betley regularly, I won the C class recently.

The Betley shoot is Audley Gun Club, I dont have a phone number but if you drive into Betley from Cheshire side (A531 Nantwich to Newcastle), in Betley Village is a pub called " The Swan " which will be on your right, adjacent to the pub is a lane which quickly turns into a dirt track, stay on that lane until you can go no further, you are then at the farm entrance and the sign will say which field to use for parking, left or right, hot food and drinks, 50 bird sporting, very muddy, take your boots.

Now the Betley shoot is a very frustrating shoot and will test you, some of the presentations look simple enough but the guys who set up do set up a good shoot, recommended.

• 11 years later...
On 29/11/2007 at 08:59, Andy W said:

The Betley shoot is Audley Gun Club, I dont have a phone number but if you drive into Betley from Cheshire side (A531 Nantwich to Newcastle), in Betley Village is a pub called " The Swan " which will be on your right, adjacent to the pub is a lane which quickly turns into a dirt track, stay on that lane until you can go no further, you are then at the farm entrance and the sign will say which field to use for parking, left or right, hot food and drinks, 50 bird sporting, very muddy, take your boots.

Now the Betley shoot is a very frustrating shoot and will test you, some of the presentations look simple enough but the guys who set up do set up a good shoot, recommended.

I’ve just been to shoot Audley this morning. Nice little 50 birder.