Last post by: The Outlaw

PW memeber of the year 12

General Banter death from below 24 589 Today, 09:11 PM

Last post by: SPARKIE

Amnesty International = Al Qaeda? 12

I wonder? General Banter Floating Chamber 28 197 Today, 09:10 PM

Last post by: P03

Nokia N73 or others 12

I need a new mobile, your views please... General Banter Ferret Master 17 136 Today, 09:10 PM

Last post by: dazzyboi

First Blood With The Ruger

Guns & Equipment CupramanRR 4 55 Today, 09:08 PM

Last post by: verminshooter29

Beretta A391 Xtrema 3.5

to fund a rifle. Private Sales njc110381 8 345 Today, 09:08 PM

Last post by: stirky

Sea fishing rods and reels

RNLI to benifit from a clear out Private Sales The Outlaw 4 65 Today, 09:07 PM

joke

chocolates Jokes AIRARMSTX200 1 81 Today, 09:07 PM

Last post by: Janet st plodder

Terrier pups first rat

Dogs and Dog Training Tarka 0 2 Today, 09:05 PM

Last post by: Tarka

:whistling::good:

i will be anything and anybody if the price is right mung old boy ,........now how would you like me to dress for you ,*****,............... :whistling: seems we have someone who doesnt know how to get involved in a great british debate and flexing his foriegn moderators mussles :good: ,...........

now lighten up boys ,............dont moan about immigration or the weather ,........even in the genral banter section :good:

So your racist obsession extends as far as to refer to NTTF (who has been a member here for nearly 5 years and probably helped more members than anyone else), as a , "foreign moderator ".

Don't pretend you were joking, that is just a very ignorant comment.

Actually, both sides of mine and one side of my wife's family have 'Gypsy' history. A good few of my mates are travellers! Also, my great Uncle was a Muslim convert!

I am not racist!

This is a General Banter section!

(It's amazing how people read too much into some threads; maybe they're grooming themselves for Mod status or an OBE!)

Guest raymond1
Na your telling fibs

Topic Title Forum Topic Starter Replies Views Last Action

need gun info please

Guns & Equipment dazbrit 0 1 Today, 09:12 PM

Last post by: dazbrit

I am Getting Tired 12

General Banter new to the flock 25 270 Today, 09:12 PM

PW memeber of the year 12

General Banter death from below 24 589 Today, 09:11 PM

Last post by: SPARKIE

Amnesty International = Al Qaeda? 12

I wonder? General Banter Floating Chamber 28 197 Today, 09:10 PM

Last post by: P03

Nokia N73 or others 12

I need a new mobile, your views please... General Banter Ferret Master 17 136 Today, 09:10 PM

Last post by: dazzyboi

First Blood With The Ruger

Guns & Equipment CupramanRR 4 55 Today, 09:08 PM

Last post by: verminshooter29

Beretta A391 Xtrema 3.5

to fund a rifle. Private Sales njc110381 8 345 Today, 09:08 PM

Last post by: stirky

Sea fishing rods and reels

RNLI to benifit from a clear out Private Sales The Outlaw 4 65 Today, 09:07 PM

joke

chocolates Jokes AIRARMSTX200 1 81 Today, 09:07 PM

Last post by: Janet st plodder

Terrier pups first rat

Dogs and Dog Training Tarka 0 2 Today, 09:05 PM

Last post by: Tarka

:whistling::good:

does it mention "floating chamber" is a scout for the boys brigade,...he is seeing who is the most sympatheticy natured people of this forum ,........i nominated myself and second "outlaw" for a position

i will be anything and anybody if the price is right mung old boy ,........now how would you like me to dress for you ,*****,............... :whistling: seems we have someone who doesnt know how to get involved in a great british debate and flexing his foriegn moderators mussles :good: ,...........

now lighten up boys ,............dont moan about immigration or the weather ,........even in the genral banter section :good:

So your racist obsession extends as far as to refer to NTTF (who has been a member here for nearly 5 years and probably helped more members than anyone else), as a , "foreign moderator ".

Don't pretend you were joking, that is just a very ignorant comment.

Bet he hasn't helped more members than anyone esle? Now how would you know that?

Jonno

to be honest i would like to know if this is an admin thing, IE do the UK mods support it and teal.

Don't go there.

Teal has a duty to support his admin.

To finish:-

I know a local club where some members gave up their time (and a lot of it) to support and run a club and that included the clubs expansion (we can call these people "The Admin"). Now, you ask 1000 people what's for the best and you will get a majority view of maybe 40% and then 600 answers all of which are in the negative but each different (and normally self serving).

Within that club there were a hard core of antagonists - lots of time at the bar and lots of chat, moaning and throwing stones ("they don't want to do it like that" brigade) but invariably those members didn't want to do the boring nuts and bolts bits - the work, the meetings, the management and the getting the stuff done (tirelessly and thanklessly).

The day comes for new plans of what is to happen at the club and how funds are to be spent. The trouble makers start "throwing stones" in a meeting and singled out one person in particular - lots of unconstructive "you don't want to do it like that" but the trouble was the (1) you want to do it like this didn't work [all angles had already been considered, evaluated and either approved or dismissed as appropriate] and (2) when it came to offers of "doing it" the ney sayers would run for the bar.

Anyhows, the Admin had enough and all walked out. The ney sayers had a go of running the club but there was no structure, no thought and no agreement. The whole thing fell apart.

So, be careful what you wish for.

Surely the way the current political stance in Britain effects us, as country sportsmen, we should be able to discuss those effects in the General Banter section. I agree that racist threads should be stamped on, but could you imagine joining a forum specifically for political debate :whistling:

Surely the way the current political stance in Britain effects us, as country sportsmen, we should be able to discuss those effects in the General Banter section. I agree that racist threads should be stamped on, but could you imagine joining a forum specifically for political debate :whistling:

This i agree with, but its the fact that you hear terms such as "*******" being thrown about, its just not on.

I feel my need to defend this forum because everyday that passes its looking more and more scrappy.

Shame you feel that way vole, I have been a member for a while and wait for the heat to die down if it gets a bit lairy. As with most forums not everyone will agree (be boring as Arsenal if they did), nine times out of ten if a topic gets out of hand it is either dealt with pdq or the offender is made to look silly.

I try not to post on topics I have no knowledge / interest in and ignore the occasional drivel that is in general banter. I dont bitch about the moderators, try not to whinge about posters who type with beer thumbs and treat this forum the way it should be = a place to unwind and share info.

Look at the pinned topics in dog training if you dont think NTTF has helped people :whistling:

This thread was posted by a mod. Stirring up a hornets nest after some of the posts that being submitted over the last week

Jonno

There are numerous threads/posts on this subject each week. You can't seriously blame it all on a mod now.

O no not blaming Mr flock. I did post the subway butty debate but there was a realy naughty debate this week that a member used the N word in a post. I was shocked. It was orrible

Jonno

This thread has produced a considerable amount of heat and noise but not much light.

Is there a complete ban on any discussion regarding immigration, ethnic minorities and race generally? Personally, that strikes me as verging on totalitarianism and unacceptable. Alternatively, is this a complaint about the half-baked, barely literate racist diatribe spouted by some members when addressing any issue regarding gentlemen of the Commonwealth? In which case, "fair comment, you know who you are, cut it out." "Love thy Neighbour," starring Jack Smethurst, ended years ago, so get over it.

Perhaps a more tactful solution is to remind members that making racist comments is unacceptable in a civilized country.

Unless, of course, they're really funny comments, in which case...

to be honest i would like to know if this is an admin thing, IE do the UK mods support it and teal.

Don't go there.

Teal has a duty to support his admin.

To finish:-

I know a local club where some members gave up their time (and a lot of it) to support and run a club and that included the clubs expansion (we can call these people "The Admin"). Now, you ask 1000 people what's for the best and you will get a majority view of maybe 40% and then 600 answers all of which are in the negative but each different (and normally self serving).

Within that club there were a hard core of antagonists - lots of time at the bar and lots of chat, moaning and throwing stones ("they don't want to do it like that" brigade) but invariably those members didn't want to do the boring nuts and bolts bits - the work, the meetings, the management and the getting the stuff done (tirelessly and thanklessly).

The day comes for new plans of what is to happen at the club and how funds are to be spent. The trouble makers start "throwing stones" in a meeting and singled out one person in particular - lots of unconstructive "you don't want to do it like that" but the trouble was the (1) you want to do it like this didn't work [all angles had already been considered, evaluated and either approved or dismissed as appropriate] and (2) when it came to offers of "doing it" the ney sayers would run for the bar.

Anyhows, the Admin had enough and all walked out. The ney sayers had a go of running the club but there was no structure, no thought and no agreement. The whole thing fell apart.

So, be careful what you wish for.

so are you saying we have to agree to anything the mods say.

be a boring place if you are.

how is it that every time certain members on here have a bad word for anything its called bashing, mods,basc,race, politics,laws,rules. its always bashing and not a discussion. it may make some of the members uncomfortable,but not being able to talk about it wont make it go away.

This thread has produced a considerable amount of heat and noise but not much light.

Is there a complete ban on any discussion regarding immigration, ethnic minorities and race generally? Personally, that strikes me as verging on totalitarianism and unacceptable. Alternatively, is this a complaint about the half-baked, barely literate racist diatribe spouted by some members when addressing any issue regarding gentlemen of the Commonwealth? In which case, "fair comment, you know who you are, cut it out." "Love thy Neighbour," starring Jack Smethurst, ended years ago, so get over it.

Perhaps a more tactful solution is to remind members that making racist comments is unacceptable in a civilized country.

Unless, of course, they're really funny comments, in which case...

That made me laugh out loud.

The missus thinks I have cracked now as I interrupted her Tesco shopping to read in.

From my own personnel experience it all depends on WHERE or what part of the Country you live in that has a basis for forming your opinion's concerning race religion etc!Especially if COE is the ethnic minority ........There are lots of area's where this is the case .Hayes in London for starters

I'm sure if we were all in small village hamlet's living to our traditional values with our way of life intact and untouched by political correctness then there would be no need for some of the negative posts appearing in this section.Nativitie plays are'nt played out in some schools but it's largley the Councils and MP's that are to blame ...or are they mearly trying to maintain the Muslim vote .

It's human nature and some just need to vent their frustrations on here I guess ........After all it's illegal to discuss this subject in the workplace for fear of certain allegations .

I judge people by their actions not their skin colour by the way .

The old series Love thy Neighbour had it right and was funny as ****.Along with the recent film East is East :whistling:

I could go on but ....................... :good:

Well done NTTF.

As someone with close ties to muslims I feel the constant attacks are sapping my will to live. I have been a member for years and I have posted several times to the effect that this site seems to be a propoganda machine for the far right. as NTTF says we are a country sports and shooting site. Not a site for ingoramuses to spout off ill informed rhetoric. Well said says I. as to where NTTF is in the world, have a look at his membership profile, his posts and then decide if he has not contributed anything to this site. Remember Ernyha. No not a lot of you would He would be spinning in his grave

JDF

P.S i was one of the many who complained to the mod's and I will stand by my actions

This is a country sports and pigeon shooting site.

It is not a Race bashing site nor, a Political arena.

It is not a site to start hate threads, nor a site to incite riot.

Again today we have two threads on the go attacking the political stance in Britain, and the Muslims.

Listen Up

There has never been an entirely fare political party that represented all people.....it just is not out there.

And not all Muslims are Terrorists, just because someone wears a turbin, or a viel does not make them a killer looking to eat babies.

From this point forward I would ask that you do not post these threads on this site!

NTTF

you want to move from cosy canada mate and come to live in bradford/