Fox from Saturday Night

tulkyuk

I went out on Saturday night with a mate for a drive around one the estates i shoot on, we were out shooting rabbits mainly but i put my 243 in the back of the truck just in case :whistling: . after driving round for an hour or so and shooting a few bunnies, we came up the track next to a farm yard, flicked the lamp around a field next to the barns and spotted a charlie but as soon as the lamp beam hit her she was off like a shot - i've been after this on for a while now, ive seen where she goes ( a good run on the other side of the hedge from where we were lamping) - so i turned the truck around in the farm yard and headed back down the track to look where she went, but no sign :good: so then revesed back up the track as my mate lamped, he told me to stop as he had seen Mrs raynard in an opposite field about 200yrds away. so i got the rifle and rested on my drivers side window and looked through the scope, she was across a on the other side of a small stream, on the other bank laying down in the grass trying to hide ( but not well enough :good: ), i put the cross hairs inbetween her eyes ( could only see her head) and pulled the trigger - out went her glimmers and we went to pick her up.

when we got to her i noticed that the bullet had gone straight though her head and into the top of her back/shoulder so it was a nice clean kill and very humane in my opinion

DSC00047.jpg

DSC00046.jpg

Cheers mark - i ve just got back in - went out with a mate who's a gamekeeper, we shot 5 tonight and seen at least the same again

That was good going paul :lol: I got 2 a dog and a vixon and on the way home seen one that i have been after for ages a very clever vixon i called her in with a hare call and my mate pulled off a cracking shot with my rifle that ended the night very well :lol: We seen a serious amount of foxes while we were out i dont know where the half of them are coming from :good: