Bussel Sprouts?

Axe

86 members have voted

1. 1. Brussel Sprouts?

• Love 'em
    • Hate 'em

I must be the milkman’s because all my family like them but I hate them. :look: I remember my first day at primary school and being made to sit there until I’d eaten some. I was a rebel from then as I was sent out to lessons with the crud still on the plate. :good: For some reason I can’t stand any of the brassicas. They just make me heave and gag. :lol::sick::sick: Another thing that I can’t stand is offal of any sort. :sick::sick::sick: That has the same effect YUK YUK YUK. I eat mostly everything else.

I love the one about feeding the dog with them. The hound always gets the blame :lol::lol::lol:

Sprouts are food of the gods! We'll have them with just about any roast meat and with a splash of gravy over the top, they are just devine!

Mind you, I also go into the kitchen and steal them without anything else on.

They do give me wind though, hence the reason I take Ted for a walk about an hour after eating...

I must admit, I can't stand them when they are over cooked, its almost criminal to do this. Perhaps thats why some people don't like them as they have only eaten overooked sprouts.

I am very surprised at the poll votes so far. I would have guessed that the balance would have been more even. Good news for the sprout market though. :good:

Has anyone tried anything different with sprouts rather than just steamed or boiled?

I must admit, I can't stand them when they are over cooked, its almost criminal to do this. Perhaps thats why some people don't like them as they have only eaten overooked sprouts.

I am very surprised at the poll votes so far. I would have guessed that the balance would have been more even. Good news for the sprout market though. :lol:

Has anyone tried anything different with sprouts rather than just steamed or boiled?

Chop the bottome out and shred them up like you would a cabbage ( nice and thin), meanwhile heat some butter in a frying pan with some salt and pepper, cinnamon and sultanas (in fact add what ever spices you like, even curry powder works :yp: ). Now the important part! Add the shredded sprouts and quickly stir fry for NO MORE THAN 25-30 SECONDS!

If you over cook sprouts you start to release sulphur. The sulphur smell and taste is what people hate about overcooked sprouts, and what usually causes the side effects ;):huh: .