the shooting acadamy

markbivvy

a membe ron this board mentioned how good the shooting acadamy was for shooting.

read this .

http://www.claysporting.com/index.php?name...5&start=165

basc dont do so well either.

It wasnt me I just mentioned the lesson before license idea that was being bandied about.

Tony

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/ind...ic=45398&hl=

just mentioned.

i object in some ways.

on the other hand I took a newbie out shooting in the summer as my brother said he was " a good bloke". I set him up in the hide and made sure he only shot at black ones or woodies. allright says he and off i goes to my hide. i was watching the buzzards circling the magnet when off he goes shooting at the beggar. i runs over and it was all i could do to keep my hands off. he is now sitting in the hide with my brother and he starts at the swallows. we cant take them? then says he. Get in the car says i and off we go. my brother phones up a fortnight later and asks if the pigeons are on. yep says me and we are off. on the way he picks up his imbecile mate and i am fuming. i would not leave his side. in the hide four birds cross at range and i say have a go. safety catch stumble first then a snag in his jacket means the birds are 200 yards away. i shouts leave them and the muzzles swing towards my face and only by me slapping the end of his barrels away stopped me from losing face. literally

i know a certificate of competence is not the way forwards but some people should just not, i repeat not be allowed near a gun.

needless to say the doughnut stays at home whnever we go out and I ma definetely not his friend

Guest The Outlaw
a membe ron this board mentioned how good the shooting acadamy was for shooting.

read this .

http://www.claysporting.com/index.php?name...5&start=165

basc dont do so well either.

It wasnt me I just mentioned the lesson before license idea that was being bandied about.

Tony

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/ind...ic=45398&hl=

just mentioned.

Of course starting a thread asking for peoples view doesnt mean you agree with it, I agree with some of it but wouldnt have done it myself.

To expensive for one and I know loads of shooters and coaches to get help and advice from.

Tony

Good link Mark, I bet that's opened some eyes.

The 8th post down by Iasgair, I find very informative, a behind the scenes opinion.

Why in all the years of Shotgunning do we need a test now :good:

Hows taking £40 off an idiot and giving them 40 mins of chat going to help bona fide idiots.

Classic..............!

BJ.

I read that linked article on the cpsa and thought that the post by Iasgair seemed to ring a large bell. He must be another of the 5% (unknown %) who aren't happy with the basc situation. Still if your an ostrich and you've got you head in the sand or up your **** (rear end) your not going to see the truth until it's too late and the wolf is upon you

Guest The Outlaw
are you a member of Parliament buy any chance.

Who me?

I just heard about it being punted about, put a post on for feedback, I think some of it is good, and some bad, a good way to

print money also if thats your thing.

I have introduced loads of newbies to the sport and will continue to do so for free.

I am not a qualified coach and dont really want to be one even though I have been told I could do well at it.

I have spoken to coaches FEO's and shooters as I should when an organisation I represent (CPSA) comes up with an idea, be it

good or bad, I need feedback to fight for what is right for the majority of shooters I stand for.

Sorry if that is a bad thing to do, but thats the way it is.

That is why I was elected to be a CPSA committee member for Buckinghamshire.

Tony