Air Pro V Hypa Flap

jonno 357

Thinking of buying a one of the sets of the above. Has anyone used both and which do they recommend.

I like the idea of extra moment from the air pro but I also like the idea of the Hypa Flap being a lightweight decoy

Edit Has anyone mixed normal decoys (sportsplast) with the hypa flap? Ie using fullbodied or shell decoys in the pattern and then putting the hypa flap on bouncers and the magnet?

They hypa flaps don't exactly look like a woody do they. It may scare them away?

I think is would look a pretty strange set up but who knows. Has it been tired before and to what success have they achieved?

Jonno

Hi a friend has some air pros used them twice and worked both times ones on woodys got around 50 the next time on ferules ( not shor if that counts ) got 272 with some was woodys .but i wont make a sweeping statement and say they brilliant will use them a bit more before i decide. It could be we just hit the right spot thos days but it don’t seem to scar them away :good: . I got a photo in Sporting Pictures if you like to see P.S thay wind powerd

• 4 weeks later...
Thinking of buying a one of the sets of the above. Has anyone used both and which do they recommend.

I like the idea of extra moment from the air pro but I also like the idea of the Hypa Flap being a lightweight decoy

Edit Has anyone mixed normal decoys (sportsplast) with the hypa flap? Ie using fullbodied or shell decoys in the pattern and then putting the hypa flap on bouncers and the magnet?

They hypa flaps don't exactly look like a woody do they. It may scare them away?

I think is would look a pretty strange set up but who knows. Has it been tired before and to what success have they achieved?

Jonno

got them both i find air pros a bit noisy on a calm day, hypa flaps work great on a slow setting wings turn on themselves when too windy, pros and cons for them both ,for me it would have to be the hypa flap.

both ukshootwarehouse and others very professional and friendly cannot fault either of them

Jonno

I have both but cant say either way what is best - Sorry i cant help - Both seem to work ok for woodies and skemies provided there is wind - Dont care to much for the Hypa Flappers as they fold over there wings ect see other threads on these by going into the search side of this forum as this has been talked about loads of times before.

Jonno

I have both but cant say either way what is best - Sorry i cant help - Both seem to work ok for woodies and skemies provided there is wind - Dont care to much for the Hypa Flappers as they fold over there wings ect see other threads on these by going into the search side of this forum as this has been talked about loads of times before.

The wing flipping problem was fixed 6 months ago. The modification totally eliminates the wing flipping over the spar, and the modification simply involves teathering the rear of the wing to the body with some strong fishing braid. Only the first 1000 out of the door went out without the modification and we modified any of the originals free of charge. We made a cock-up but at least we've got the balls to admit it and pride in our products to make sure customers are 100% happy with our gear and that they are fit for purpose.

Like all things in life, you come up with an idea, try it, eek out those teething problems and then bring out an improved version. Good on you Will for replying

I have to say that the Hypa flappers movement is very realistic on fast or slow setting, although the silosock deeks I just wasn't convinced about. I have yet to see the air pro ones in real life to be able to comment, but I think people are missing the point, put some movement in amongest the deeks and you are half way there. :)

We (MC and I) used both combined with plastic deeks and plastic flyers on another magnet and didn't notice any disconcernable difference, but one day out doesn't make concrete proof for either.

SS