shotgun certificate/

lowlander

i sent off my gun license last thursday and i was wondering how long it will be (approximatly) before i get my visit. :unsure: :unsure:

could be any where between 1 week and 1 year going by posts I've read on here. i was lucky that Leicestershire police are on the ball and took about 4 weeks start to finish.

Staffordshire Police are currently running at just over 4 months, from application receipt till it ends up on the desk of the Assistant Chief Constable.

It's not good I know. However you just have to bear in mind the performance of Kent / Glostershire Police in comparison. (They have take about 8 months to process SGC's and FAC's respectively.)

With regards to licensing systems; we are starting to fall behind South Africa in some force areas. I have a feeling it will only get worse.

mr_colt.

Guest The Outlaw
Bucks currently Running about 2-3 weeks for the visit and then 3 MONTHS at least for the cert to be delivered, My wife's still waiting from September :stupid:

8 months for Jane and mine James, but our area has been divided now.

B Brewster is quite quick he turned Silly Smiffy's around in a month and a bit.

From here to Oxford is his and Frank has,east of here through Milton keynes and beyond.

I can give you BB's number if you need it.

Tony

well that was helpful :blink: just read posts from before and some of them take ages and ages :good: :blink:

Lowlander

Please dont be so quick to criticize.

The question that you have asked is posted several times each week. Therefore appreciate that the regular, more knowledgeable members do get a little frustrated at answering the same question over and over.

There is a wealth of knowledge in the posts, take a little time to root them out, and you will learn far more than how long it will all take. You could telephone your firearms licensing department and ask them, but if you dont like the answer there is little that you can do.

Have you joined BASC, or one of the other organisations yet? If not, may I recommend that you do so before you get your visit, as this will show the FLO that you are serious, and responsible.

webber

i sent off my gun license last thursday and i was wondering how long it will be (approximatly) before i get my visit. ;):lol:

could be any where between 1 week and 1 year going by posts I've read on here. i was lucky that Leicestershire police are on the ball and took about 4 weeks start to finish.

Mine was about 2 months with Leicestershire Constabulary.

Though i've heard some stories of it taking 6 months in some counties.

Good Luck!!!