Rabbit pen anyone

darren m

Is there any one in my area Notts , Newark , Leics , Lincs borders that use's a rabbit pen for steadiness training .

Some one kind enough :lol: , that would allow me to come along and use it to steady my boy up a bit .

There's so many rabbits around the fields where i excercise / train him , the urge is prooving a little hard to resist and he's starting to ignore my commands in favour of the real thing and bolt for the odd rabbit or two or three .

thanks

Darren .

Darren,

Pens are very good at teaching the initial stuff, but not the whole answer. The problem you have now is the disobedience on flush by ignoring the stop whistle, so get back to basics on that one. He must obey the whistle every time, not just most of it.

Once you've got that sorted use a pen by all means and get the dog solid in there.

Then you have to get back to the real world. If you get a couple of tame rabbits just put a string their collar, and peg them down in cover. Keep up the repetitions and you'll get there.

I'll ask around on your behalf for a pen in Notts. Bear with me.

Eug

• 3 weeks later...