.177 .20 or .22

bruellie

.22 is slower than a .177. The power is regulated to the same limit so the smaller and lighter .177 pellet will fly a lot faster and flatter than a .22. I like .177, and would never buy anything else in sub 12ft-lbs power (which is the maximum allowed without a certificate). .20 is a compromise between the two, and to be honest I don't see the point! The .22 will kill just as well as a .177. The pellet may be slower, but it hits just as hard because it weighs more and takes more stopping. I wouldn't say you've made a bad choice, a lot of people prefer .22. It's all down to what you believe in and have confidence with, both will work on the bunnies :lol:

cheers mate was thinking of sending it back and having it converted to .20 dont think it would be a big job on a rapid 7 but i'll leave it a bit see how things go been trying a few light pointed pellets see if they fly any faster or flatter but not seen a noticeable differance

I own four rifles, two in .177 calibre and two in .22 calibre. I can't make up my mind whether one calibre is better than the other or not. The .22 calibre travels at a slower speed but appears to hit the quarry harder. The .177 calibre travels at a much higher speed but doesn't appear to hit the quarry with as much force. I like using both calibres and bag similar numbers of rabbits whichever i use.

Geoff.

PS.

I can't offer an opinion on .20 as i've never owned or used one.

If there is no real great difference in terms of killing power would the .177 not be a better choice as it is easy to shoot with its flat trajectory? :yp:

Dont know much about air rifles but have been reading up on them :lol:

That's exactly how I see it. Both will kill if the shot hits the right place, so I use the one that's easiest to be accurate with :good: