Fuel price protest 15th December.

Cranfield

I very much doubt it will make any difference. Apart from of course, creating mass hysteria as people panic buy fuel and those that want to ignore panic buying end up doing the same as they don't want to be left without fuel.

I think the government have shown they just don't care what we think, so should this make any difference? They know full well we can't do without fuel. Add to the fact they want us to stop using so much of it, I really can't see it making the slightest bit of difference.

Well are any of you actually going to protest then. I will be there. Britain is full of people who want certain things and when they have the chance to show support to a cause, they just turn a blind eye, it tickles me, do something about, get out of your armchairs, you may even feel good if you go.

Empathy is a curse

Guest The Outlaw

It is on a saturday from what I could see on the link but couldnt see how long it was for.

If it is only a saturday then it wont have a great effect on us :good:

Maybe I missed something on the link but that looks about all it is.

Tony

:good: I dont think it will make any difference, The best you can hope for is that gordon brown will cap fuel duty for a couple of years. The simple truth is supply in the UK (eg North sea oil) is running out, as is america and the places were the rest is located is unstable. Get used to it because it aint gonna change until we can find a replasment.

I feel a great sense of frustration that our fuel carries the highest levy of Government taxes in the world.

If the Government were to look carefully at all the money they throw at "Focus Groups", unelected Quangos, Consultants, Press Officers etc. they could easily reduce the tax burden on fuel.

I believe the protest is going to blockade Fuel Depots and Refineries.

Saturday was chosen so that people who would normally be at work can attend.

I suspect there will be more than one day of protest and it could escalate.

The problem is, that the protesters lose public support as soon as the public has to start queuing for fuel.

Strange really, but its true.

Problem is that the Gov't ain't gonna give up that revenue from fuel duty - they need it and it's as simple as that.

Fuel duty is a stealth tax because there is a nice fudgey bit of grey where people don't know what is down to the fuel company, the government and the retailer.

If the government suck 5p on income tax everyone knows what that would mean.

Guest The Outlaw

Do the fuel deliveries happen on saturdays?

To have an effect it would need to last for at least a week.

I will just stay at home anyway with my bad back as it is but others could be affected.

We are both lucky we work local to our village and one of the kids is schooled locally as well, the other uses public transport so

will have to stay home with me.

Tony

It would need to be massive unrest to make the government sit up and listen.Blockades at refinerys just wont cut it,they will just be moved and gain little publicity,something akin to the poll tax riots might do it!Mass blockades on motorways,ports,airports,snarle up major cities,trucks on fire,in other words act like a frenchman when he is told income tax is going up 1 cent :big_boss:

I have a business that uses £45000 a year in fuel so i am up for the french version :good:

Guest The Outlaw

If everyone stayed at home for just one day and did no work this would have more of an ecconomic impact than a one day fuel

protest imo.

The problem is the British public always rely on someone else moaning for them, its about time they all got out of thier

armchairs and did something about it, a one day total blanket strike would let them protest without even doing anything.

It would suit us down to the ground.

Reduction of taxes :good: It will never happen so I dont even know why they bother talking about it.

As usual we will do as we are told.

Tony

I wonder if it will do any good ?

http://www.transaction-2007.com/

If everyone on here gave up their days pigeon shooting it might! However if the great British public have the same 'I’m alright Jack' attitude as some on here it won’t!

Protest does work if it’s big enough, loud enough and nasty enough...remember the Poll Tax??? The riots about that even turned the Lady who wasn’t for turning (sad to say) and GB isn’t made of anything like the same stuff!

DID YOU KNOW THAT - UK Fuel is being squandered to America

This damning news has been brought to my attention by someone working in the petro-chemical industry in the UK who shall remain anonymous.

It is said that Phillips Petroleum in the UK are pumping oil reserves in from the Echo Frisk platform in the North Sea and supplying...wait for it...the USA with OUR fuel. It is also less widely know that the US Forces over here including their families using OUR roads are driving around at discounted fuel by OUR Government to the tune of only 80P per GALLON! Yes, GALLON not LITRE!

Basically we are supplying fuel to the USA that could be better used for our own reserves. The Echo Frisk platform is supplying to Phillips in Teeside and then being shipped across the Atlantic to the USA for them to use.

So there you have it, a Government making a shambolic gesture to its citizens. Whilst its ok to rip us UK citizens off with massive fuel taxation, it is ok for the US services and families to have fuel supplied at only 80p per gallon. I for one am certainly very unhappy at this revelation ! Yet again, Welcome to RIP OFF Britain

"TransAction 2007"

Working with the "Welsh Independent Hauliers"

If everyone stayed at home for just one day and did no work this would have more of an ecconomic impact than a one day fuel

protest imo.

Tony

I know quite a few people that do that all the time, I didn't realise they were protesting, I thought they were just skiving. :good:

DID YOU KNOW THAT - UK Fuel is being squandered to America

This damning news has been brought to my attention by someone working in the petro-chemical industry in the UK who shall remain anonymous.

It is said that Phillips Petroleum in the UK are pumping oil reserves in from the Echo Frisk platform in the North Sea and supplying...wait for it...the USA with OUR fuel.

Good job we don't have any PW members in Saudi Arabia, or elsewhere in the Middle East, they would all start posting and moaning that we are driving round using their oil. :big_boss:

I very much doubt it will make any difference. Apart from of course, creating mass hysteria as people panic buy fuel and those that want to ignore panic buying end up doing the same as they don't want to be left without fuel.

I think the government have shown they just don't care what we think, so should this make any difference? They know full well we can't do without fuel. Add to the fact they want us to stop using so much of it, I really can't see it making the slightest bit of difference.

:good:

If it does go ahead it will be a lot of effort by some for little or no return. We are a suppressed nation and have been since this mob took over 10 years ago. I don't like people holding others to ransom to make a point, but I do understand why sometimes.

and I've still yet to meet anyone who'll own up to having voted for them! :huh: must have been a rigged election! :lol:

Well are any of you actually going to protest then. I will be there. Britain is full of people who want certain things and when they have the chance to show support to a cause, they just turn a blind eye, it tickles me, do something about, get out of your armchairs, you may even feel good if you go.

Empathy is a curse

I think you probably mean apathy?

Empathy is a curse

I think you probably mean apathy?

Well I think empathy is a curse - I couldnt give a rat's a** about you lot :lol::huh::lol:

ZB