Is the Crosman 1077 Co2 .177 Air Rifle any good?

Toby

Hi,

Is the Crosman 1077 Co2 .177 Air Rifle any good? I'm on a buget for an up grade on my (terrible) B2! it seems to cost £110 any views, I want it for target shooting, will add a scope. Is this a good gun or a short range fun gun? ( I want something reasonable accurate!)

Cheers, Toby

Hi,

Is the Crosman 1077 Co2 .177 Air Rifle any good? I'm on a buget for an up grade on my (terrible) B2! it seems to cost £110 any views, I want it for target shooting, will add a scope. Is this a good gun or a short range fun gun? ( I want something reasonable accurate!)

Cheers, Toby

think its fine for target shooting mate though i hear co2 can affect accuracy when its hot/cold weather :P

Hi,

Cheers, Toby

think its fine for target shooting mate though i hear co2 can affect accuracy when its hot/cold weather :oops:

will it make a big difference? I really cant decide between the BSA supersport and the Crosman 1077! I'd have both if it were totally up to me but as its gonna have 2 be in my dads name (im 15) he will see no point in both (hes not in to any kind of shooting)

Cheers, keep the replys comming! toby :P

I've decided that, after reading many reveiws I will go with the supersport because the crosman 1077 seems tempremental and apperas to have lots of problems in the cold/hot.

So i'm gonna go with the supersport, I already have a B2, am I better to buy a 2gun hard case or another paded nylon case?

What scope sould I get? I would like to spend £35-£40 (i'm on a budget) and i'd rather leave my simmons 4x32 on my B2.

Would a bipod be useull?

Any other pointers would be very usefull!

Cheers, Toby

That's a mighty tight budget for scopes.

However, you can get a 3x9x40 Mildot if you're not snobby about the stuff from SMK

Have a look at this site

http://www.nmproducts.co.uk/-c-22_1650.htm...15425779041a7c6

You'll need a set of medium mounts

Suggest J Ramsbottoms who, not so long ago, mailed me a pair of Accushot double screw mounts with retractable stop pin for a postage-included £12 quid. Don't go for the SMK mounts if you can afford not to

Add in the postage for the scopes & you may be just over your £40 budget, but not by mutch

The scopes are a lot better than the price suggests. I'm currently using :-

1)4X32

2)4X40

3)3X9X40 (ZOOM)

All 3 scopes are just fine & are little different to some of the Hawke stuff at double the price.

The Supersport is a much better gun. I'm sure you can find a 4x40 scope for that kind of money if you want one. Look on ebay for a scope, search for Tasco in sporting goods and you should find something that's reasonable quality and in your budget. Sportsmatch mounts are good, and not too expensive :good:

super sports are v.good so i,m told if anything a springer will improve your technique and shooting abilaty as i,m sure all the other lads will agree on :good: you wont need a bi-pod mate it ruins shooting a springer and makes it unaccurate you,ll find a firm but not overfirm hold best when shooting it . as for ia scope i would save up a bit and buy the best you can afford as a cheap scope will ruin your enjoyment of the rifle :lol:

slight change of plan, just got my bank statement through and I have ALOT more that I thought! I'm still gonna stick with the supersport but aht do people recon to the simmons (8point) 3-9x50 scope? I have got the simmons 4x32 on my B2 and the quality is great and there very clear. also what sort of mounts do i need?

Thanks for all the advice, just need to make this decision and then i can go buy one!

• 4 weeks later...

I recently had two custom airkits made for two of my Crosman rifles. One's the 1077, which now uses an Air Arms S200 cylinder at 70 bar nominal and gets me a good 200 shots (a vast improvement from the 36 I was getting per sparklet!). The other kit is for my Nightstalker, and connects via a 36" microbore to a 1 litre CO2 bottle converted for air, at 85 bar. I've put two thousand rounds through that and it's still going on the one charge. Again, slightly better than the 180-500 I was getting from an 8 Pound CO2 airsource tank.

Any springer is really as good as it's trigger. I'd go for a Weihrauch if targets are your main event, with the bonus that power is up there for pest control and with the rekord trigger unit a more precise let off can be achieved.

I've got a BSA lightning and HW95, both good powerfull guns. Lightning is a medium weight hunter nice and short and ideal for quickly lining up a shot, whereas the HW95 is a lot heavier and stable when fired for deliberate shots.

Hi,

Cheers, Toby

If you just want the gun for plinking tinnies in the back garden then the 1077 is the way to go,great fun you can let off 12 shots in about 3-4 seconds.As for the power loss if you shooting over say 10 metres it shouldn't reallty make any difference.I've had mine for about 10 years and never had a jam and always enjoy shooting it,i've since past it on to my son to use and he thinks that it is great too.As for accuracy i've never found it to be an issue regarding the Crosman.Try this site

Crosman 1077

Edited by springboy