pretend bobbies

Fleabag

whilst out during the summer in cornwall with HMR.I was shouted to from over a hedge, Drop your weapon on the floor and walk to the gate with your hands in the air this is the police, crikey i thought armed police, better do it, got to the gate having left my Rifle some 150 yrds away still loaded,case i got shot, only to find a teenager with special badge on his little shoulders :lol: .dident know to tell him to **** off or laugh, any ways i explained to him that he should of at least got some kind of back-up before challenging me,and asked him what is he going to do now because some one just jumped the hedge and nicked my loaded weapon :good: .any way he went on his way after seeing my license, :unsure: ,and all was well, are they allowed to do dangerious tasks,if not trained to do so, any feed back

whilst out during the summer in cornwall with HMR.I was shouted to from over a hedge, Drop your weapon on the floor and walk to the gate with your hands in the air this is the police, crikey i thought armed police, better do it, got to the gate having left my Rifle some 150 yrds away still loaded,case i got shot, only to find a teenager with special badge on his little shoulders :lol: .dident know to tell him to ****off or laugh, any ways i explained to him that he should of at least got some kind of back-up before challenging me,and asked him what is he going to do now because some one just jumped the hedge and nicked my loaded weapon :good: .any way he went on his way after seeing my license, :unsure: ,and all was well, are they allowed to do dangerious tasks,if not trained to do so, any feed back

i would of thought that was not his job to do , i woild ask the feo ...

but then there were the ones who watched that kid drown as it wasnt there job

Always ,always make your firearm safe first by unloading and removing the bolt making sure you tell what could have been a full time swat team first before doing so ,as in this case you were not to know .

I appreciate it was a awkward senario.

I'm sorry deadeye but that's just the most daft remark I have read. Safety first, exactly.My safety comes first and had I been me told to put my rifle down by armed police that is exactly what I would have done, ****** unloading it or making smart comments to the police. I would not wish to end up like that poor Brazilian.

can just see that written on the head stone.

"shot while removing the bolt from his loaded rifle"

RIP

one knocked on my door not long ago while parked on double yellows for less than 5 minutes on a dead end road, asked what i was doing parked on double yellows, i explained that i didn't want to walk down the street with rifles and bring any unwanted attention to myself, his eye's widened mouth dropped "RIFLES ":lol: THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO GET SPRAYED OR SOMETHING, young bobby :good: i then explained to him that i dont shoot people. :unsure:

ps they all have a job to do i know full time or whatever.

Nothing but a bunch of flaming walts. I've been out stalking before now, had a .308 over my shoulder, saw an old bobby leaning over the gate and waving, all friendly. Strolled over and he said as he hadn't seen me before, could he see my permission. That done, offered him a cup of tea and he told me where the best spots were for the deer. That's the way to do policing, not shouting orders over the hedge like flaming Rambo. You ought to have taken his pretend-rozzer number and reported him to your Chief Constable for discourtesy.

Always ,always make your firearm safe first by unloading and removing the bolt making sure you tell what could have been a full time swat team first before doing so ,as in this case you were not to know .

I appreciate it was a awkward senario.

I'm sorry deadeye but that's just the most daft remark I have read. Safety first, exactly.My safety comes first and had I been me told to put my rifle down by armed police that is exactly what I would have done, ****** unloading it or making smart comments to the police. I would not wish to end up like that poor Brazilian.

:good:

read somewhere in magazine,that if that happens,dont try and make gun safe,couldnt be no safer if your surrounded by marksmen,dont think anyone gonna touch it when it on floor. :lol:

I think we can all assess the situation as and if it ever was to happen...........Don't worry i'll think of some more daft idea's before the night is out but requesting that your allowed to make your rifle safe if you'd had to put it on the floor straight away before leaving it unattended whilst in the presence of a Police swat team officer is'nt as daft as it's seems .I sure we all have an idea of how not to look threatening with a firearm looks like .............Last time I heard the London Tube station had,nt a problem with Rabbits or any other ground game :good:

Dammed if you do and dammed if you don't but I can just imagine in your panic you've left the barrel on the ground pointing towards those officers ..............I can just see their response when they see that a round was up the spout .

Like I say having been lit up by two bobbies you assess the situation and act accordingly to what's in front of you at the time and as far as I'm aware you step away while the Poice approach .The example given was by a inexperienced stand in acting way above his duties .

A loaded firearm with the safety off is perfectly safe when placed on the ground with nothing near the trigger. IF its the SWAT (or just ordinary armed response officers in most cases) They will have had the training to treat all firearms as loaded, and make it safe.

IMO if im asked by an officer with multiple guns aimed at me, to place my weapon on the ground, I will do so, with verbal notifications of everything I am doing, so the officers are not in anyway confused or misguided as to my actions. I would not attempt to make any adjust to the firearm, especially near the trigger. Of course notifying the team that the firearm is loaded, will be useful information to keep everyone safe.

whilst out during the summer in cornwall with HMR.I was shouted to from over a hedge, Drop your weapon on the floor and walk to the gate with your hands in the air this is the police, crikey i thought armed police, better do it, got to the gate having left my Rifle some 150 yrds away still loaded,case i got shot, only to find a teenager with special badge on his little shoulders :lol: .dident know to tell him to **** off or laugh, any ways i explained to him that he should of at least got some kind of back-up before challenging me,and asked him what is he going to do now because some one just jumped the hedge and nicked my loaded weapon :good: .any way he went on his way after seeing my license, :unsure: ,and all was well, are they allowed to do dangerious tasks,if not trained to do so, any feed back

I work for Surrey police as a normal response officer and I'm pretty shocked by this.

Joking aside this sort of challenge should only be carried out by an armed response officer after being deployed to the job by someone of no less than an inspector in rank.

Put it this way, if I did that I'm pretty sure I'd lose my job simple as that.

What would he have done if he issued that challenge to someone willing to put a bullet in his or some passer bys face, I'd have reported him to your local station as none of us need people like this trying to keep the masses safe lol.

It's not uncommon for my lot to be sent to investigate "person(s) with guns" in fields etc with the instruction that vests are to be worn and to withdraw if confronted :lol: Makes me cringe every time. Any copper can be sent, but some are more people friendly than others :unsure: This one just sounds young and inexperienced. I doubt any malice was there, just gob being engaged before brain. In some forces specials have VERY little training at all, which may go some way to explaining it...or he may just have been a moron :good:

It's not uncommon for my lot to be sent to investigate "person(s) with guns" in fields etc with the instruction that vests are to be worn and to withdraw if confronted :lol: Makes me cringe every time. Any copper can be sent, but some are more people friendly than others :lol: This one just sounds young and inexperienced. I doubt any malice was there, just gob being engaged before brain. In some forces specials have VERY little training at all, which may go some way to explaining it...or he may just have been a moron :P

called the police to day about an abandond car out side a factory that we look after. out of tax no fuel cover on, they called me back and said they can fit it in on tueday,and will send one of those specials to have a look. :lol:

I think the whole situation is crazy now, with the police getting called to any spotting of a 'man with gun in field' as if said man is out doing something illegal! The number of stores I have heard about this recently is nuts. What other hobby or pasttime or job carries the risk of an armed response unit bearing down on you?

The police would do very well to review the situation, because it is just downright dangerous and unnecessary. Do any coppers read this http://www.basc.org.uk/media/guide_to_shooters.pdf ?

I would like to know the number of call outs to sporting or pest control shooting activities over the last few years, and the percentage of such call outs that ended in anything other than the police leaving and the shooter carrying on. I suspect it is very low to none.

Being made to drop a loaded firearm and walk away from it is utterly dangerous as well. Sure - the gun isn't going to go off by itself, but what if this was a dupe, and it was a criminal looking to get a hold of a firearm? Fancy explaining that to the police? Both the police and the shooting public need to appraise this situation and come to an agreement regarding the proper course of action that will result in no danger to anyone.

It's not uncommon for my lot to be sent to investigate "person(s) with guns" in fields etc with the instruction that vests are to be worn and to withdraw if confronted :angry: Makes me cringe every time. Any copper can be sent, but some are more people friendly than others :angry: This one just sounds young and inexperienced. I doubt any malice was there, just gob being engaged before brain. In some forces specials have VERY little training at all, which may go some way to explaining it...or he may just have been a moron :angry:

Excellent reply Old Bill.

I was confronted once by a very nervous copper that ended up making me even more nervous than he was......

I can only say that never question a copper when holding a firearm - far better to do as you are told and not end up being part of an inquest.....

The worst accident I ever saw on a shoot was by a very proud member of the swat squad - he was loading a semi-auto by holding it horizontally, and stuffing cartridges in, with his finger through the trigger guard and the safety off. When the gun went off (and fortunately no-one was on the muzzle end of the gun) he was asked to leave the shoot.

This is not a go at the police - just that when firearms are around you have to allow for the nervous factor (which means that someone may be pointing a gun at you with his finger on the trigger!)

Don

A loaded firearm with the safety off is perfectly safe when placed on the ground with nothing near the trigger. IF its the SWAT (or just ordinary armed response officers in most cases) They will have had the training to treat all firearms as loaded, and make it safe.

IMO if im asked by an officer with multiple guns aimed at me, to place my weapon on the ground, I will do so, with verbal notifications of everything I am doing, so the officers are not in anyway confused or misguided as to my actions. I would not attempt to make any adjust to the firearm, especially near the trigger. Of course notifying the team that the firearm is loaded, will be useful information to keep everyone safe.

That has to be the MOST STUPID REPLY TO A POST 2007.

Since when has the safety catch on any gun ever been any good, most of them only stop the trigger being pulled. Not the action working.

There is only one sfae firearm and that is an unloaded and locked away one. If it has got a round in the chamber it is anything other than safe.

That has to be the MOST STUPID REPLY TO A POST 2007.

Since when has the safety catch on any gun ever been any good, most of them only stop the trigger being pulled. Not the action working.

There is only one sfae firearm and that is an unloaded and locked away one. If it has got a round in the chamber it is anything other than safe.

I`m with you on this one bud !!

This is fairly simple if I chalanged some one and told him to put his rifle down, he then starts fu@king around with the bolt I would take the cocking of the bolt as an act of agression and shoot him before he had a chance to shoot me or my mates. You did the right thing you were not to know it was PC numb nuts at the other side of the fence.

Dave

Guest The Outlaw

:angry:

And Hunter you say the gun would be safe with safety off.

On or of, if its loaded its dangerous, as MB said it only stops the trigger being pulled.

If he had dropped it, it still may have gone off.

I know you know what you are talking about but I think you have worded it a bit wrong.

Tony