• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice Scooby RB, is it as fast my mates VW Beach Buggy? 0 - 60 in 3 seconds dead. 11.82 quarter mile :) Friendly petrol head rivalry banter only. It does look cool man. As for my user name; I had a favourite Uncle who got me into pigeon shooting about........jesus! nearly 50 years ago. It was his expression that he would say to me, often at 3.30 - 4.00 o'clock on a sunday morning ( I was very keen in my younger days), to get his 5 shot semi auto from the cupboard upstairs, whilst he would try and keep his manic jack russel from waking the rest of the household. He's sadly gone now and I miss him terribly still, but he left me his Franchi in his will (I could barely bring myself to touch it when it was given to me; the memories attached.....) and I know he's up there watching me and laughing at every bird I miss. Some great days that left lasting memories for me and started my field craft and love of the countryside for the sport we're in. Would love to find someone willing to take on a resto job of the Franchi, so that I could use it now and then. So far everyone I've asked says it's not worth it and doesn't buy into the history attached to it. If there is anyone out there that could help, please send me a message or phone me on 01702713114. Cheers guys. Merry Christmas to all

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Really awful haircuts my mum used to give me at school term. All my mates said I'd had a fight with a lawnmower and somebody called me strimmer. It stuck.

Sad thing is, when back around my old school a few years ago somebody had nicked my title as I heard his mates call him it.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...