shooting

ak47

How about using a fixed mag scope and improving your fieldcraft AK. These more fun to be had out of trying to get as close as you can before pulling the trigger than sitting in a hedge on full mag at the top end of your rifles range. With the "help" of my old boy and advice from my father in law I was using iron sights before being allowed to play with a scope.

Ak47,

The above posts are all good advice,

I can only add to it by suggesting that you find a pellet that suits your gun,

your problems may not be just down to your scope, as i noticed you mentioned using two different types of pellet on your last outing, both good pellets but if they dont suit

your barrel then they will add to your problems.

Try a few different makes at paper targets, collate the results and stick with the best one for you, and as was said earlier practice, practice, practice.

good shooting.

Regards Sutty :lol::lol:

but i need to zero it 1st and get it the stay spot on.

i have crossman accupell/BSA elite/BSA storm/bisley magnum and bisley premier pellets oops almost for got ealy wasps(spells)

were can i get one of those scope that dont mess up when u zoom em in n out.....?

Alas it depends on the size of your pocket book :lol: Have a look at simmons scopes i think the 8 point 4-12x 42 and the 1.5-5x32 might (dont quote me on that) do you and the hawke varmit II scopes might be worth a look they are expensive but they all come with paralex adjustment that helps with the problem also they are mill dot reticle which will help you out with hold over hold under.

The simmons 8 point scopes are all duplex reticles

Without deliberately wishing to be offensive I'm amazed that you can have had a gun for 3-4 years and yet know so little about either the equipment or how to use it. I strongly suggest you find a local airgun club and join it. There you'll not only learn about holdover/under but also about your equipment and the alternatives. You'll learn more in a weekend there than you have picked up in the last 3-4 years.

http://www.bfta.org/MAINPAGE.html

and click clubs/regions for a list of local clubs

i just assumed my air rgun was unnaccurate i mean my old spinger, it had a hell or a recoil on it.

i went shooting today took my little boy out and zero'd it it seems to be fin now i took the mounts of and tightend them up and got me 2 woodys today.

i was target shooting for about 3 hrs and i really think my shooting has improved 10 fold thanks for al the advise on shooting at diff ranges its help alot