A basic Jambalaya. Easy and good.

vole

This is a top easy meal.I have cooked it for foodie types who commended it.For them I put Langoustines on top.Not compulsary tho.

Big saucepan or frying pan.

You need : Red Peppers / Celery / 6 cloves garlic / Chicken breast,thighs whatever,I use 2 breasts and 6 thighs. /bag of long grain rice/ chorizo sausage chopped in rings/ Turmeric and Paprika/ pint or so chicken stock.Cubes fine. Optional prawn for towards the end.

Fry big bits of Chorizo for 5 minutes in olive oil.

Add sliced pepper and chopped celery and sweat till REALLY soft.

This may take 20 minutes.THEN add chopped garlic.

One tablespoon of Paprika.One of Turmeric.Fry it down for a minute.

Chuck the chicken in and brown it.

Add best part of a small bag of rice.Dry fry and coat it in the lovely oil.

Add the stock a bit at a time stirring making sure no little pockets of dried rice.May take 30 minutes.

If you want to impress put big prawns on top 5 minutes before the end.

I serve it with crusty bread and Tabasco sauce. Its the Cajun version of Paella I am told.

Of my limited repertoire of cooking,this is the one I keep going back to.I bet it would be ace with rabbit as well as chicken.Never leave out the Choritzo.I have been asked to cook this tomorrow night for a buffet by my Irish in laws who like good food!!Went down a treat last Xmas.

This is a top easy meal.I have cooked it for foodie types who commended it.For them I put Langoustines on top.Not compulsary tho.

Big saucepan or frying pan.

You need : Red Peppers / Celery / 6 cloves garlic / Chicken breast,thighs whatever,I use 2 breasts and 6 thighs. /bag of long grain rice/ chorizo sausage chopped in rings/ Turmeric and Paprika/ pint or so chicken stock.Cubes fine. Optional prawn for towards the end.

Fry big bits of Chorizo for 5 minutes in olive oil.

Add sliced pepper and chopped celery and sweat till REALLY soft.

This may take 20 minutes.THEN add chopped garlic.

One tablespoon of Paprika.One of Turmeric.Fry it down for a minute.

Chuck the chicken in and brown it.

Add best part of a small bag of rice.Dry fry and coat it in the lovely oil.

Add the stock a bit at a time stirring making sure no little pockets of dried rice.May take 30 minutes.

If you want to impress put big prawns on top 5 minutes before the end.

I serve it with crusty bread and Tabasco sauce. Its the Cajun version of Paella I am told.

Of my limited repertoire of cooking,this is the one I keep going back to.I bet it would be ace with rabbit as well as chicken.Never leave out the Choritzo.I have been asked to cook this tomorrow night for a buffet by my Irish in laws who like good food!!Went down a treat last Xmas.

This sounds awesome - :lol:

I'm going to be trying this one, cheers cursorxe4.gif

• 2 weeks later...