help

ultimate_hunter

i know this is probably in the wrong section, so mods please move accordingly.

i have some lakes that i am looking to stock. i would be grateful if anyone knows anyone or of anyone who breeds and sells fish, and could pass on the details to me, either by post or PM. it can be any freshwater fish, i.e all species of trout (brown, rainbow, blue, gold etc.), carp( mirror, grass coy etc.) roach, bream, pike and any others that you may know of.they can be located anywhere in the uk. i am desperate so all advice no matter how big or small is welcome.

thanks , mike

i have some lakes that i am looking to stock. i would be grateful if anyone knows anyone or of anyone who breeds and sells fish, and could pass on the details to me, either by post or PM. it can be any freshwater fish, i.e all species of trout (brown, rainbow, blue, gold etc.), carp( mirror, grass coy etc.) roach, bream, pike and any others that you may know of.they can be located anywhere in the uk. i am desperate so all advice no matter how big or small is welcome.

thanks , mike

Just Google "Coarse Fish Suppliers". There seems to be several on there :good:

thanks for the replies lads. i am in the east midlands. FM the lakes are still under construction and are being designed around the fish. we have to do this due to the planning conditions, as it will be a commercial fishery, and i am looking for the suppliers to not only buy but do some research as well. so any information is useful.

I did a google search for Carp a little while ago, and it brought some large suppliers up, dealing with all different size of fish etc.

I would of thought that the Environment Agency would be able to recomm. some suppliers to you, I would search for them on the web and give them a call,

Good luck with the Lakes sounds a great idea

Ian

Fishing , Duck shooting you are making me jealous already...good luck with the build you have to keep us updated on how things come along etc.

We have 3 lakes in our club now, and we are looking at putting Bream in the new lake as we have thousands of carp in the other 2 lakes, and we wanted something different.

No idea where these are coming from, but i will try to find out at our next meeting on the 17th

www.polgreenfishfarm.com these are in cornwall but they give you an idea of prices etc also.

Cheers

yes magman. it will be a few years until it is up an running, but as i said its all research at the moment. everything is good to go but its time now that we have to decide what is going in to think about attracting anglers, and what is best. oh i wish it could be ready sooner :good: . thanks lads help has been great. keep it comin'

Maybe it would be worth loking around the local area to see if there are any other lakes and finding out what fish they have stocked in them.

If they mainly have Carp, you may attract Anglers by stocking with other types of fish, like Tench and Bream...worth a look, at least having something different may attract more Anglers onto your lakes

I dont want to derail Ultimates post, but while we are on the subject of fish and Carp in particular is anyone interested in fishing a top notch new Carp fishery due to open this spring in Kent.

The fish are plentyfull and huge, I help look after the place usually at night :lol:

PM me if you are serious carp fisherman and interested.

Sorry to intrude Ultimate.

:good: D2D

thanks lord geordie. i knew this, thats what the research is for, to learn about habitats ,how easy they are to look after and so if the environment agency ask questions i know what im talking about, as me and my dad (who is doing the lakes) don't want to just create another fishing pond, but more on an ecosystem if you know what i mean. :good:

thanks lord geordie. i knew this, thats what the research is for, to learn about habitats ,how easy they are to look after and so if the environment agency ask questions i know what im talking about, as me and my dad (who is doing the lakes) don't want to just create another fishing pond, but more on an ecosystem if you know what i mean. :good:

Good luck with it and keep us posted. :lol:

FM :)

thanks , mike

star carr fisheries brandsburton nr beverly east yorks speak to raymond.

they deliver I believe

they have their own breeding ponds stocking all types of trout and some course fish good quality stock from here.