Bloody moles

davhope

I had a serious problem about 6 months ago and set two "claw"type traps, it took 2 weeks, but I finally nailed him.

There has been no reinfestations since. :)

They are solitary and if you get one, the problem is over....................until another one comes along. :)

Traps...Traps...Traps! :)

Get a trap let it weather for a week or two.

flatten all the mole hills the evening before next morning two will usually be back up, find your tunnel between the two hills by pocking round with your knife (you will know when you've found it) cut out a square out that the trap fits in then rub your hands in the soil and go fetch your trap set it in the tunnel and place a worm close to it, cover it over and make sure no light can get through and wait. :)

Hope this is of some use to you.

Mike,

It's cruel, but it bungs them up inside and they can't eat or ****. Not nice, but if you are plagued by them, it's a hardcore way of dealing with them. Apparently, the smell drives them mad and they can't stop eating it.

I just think they've been out to a rave....

Wookie

• 3 weeks later...

I had a problem the other day with one digging through my vegetable plot in my garden. I could see it moving the soil at the surface as it took out a whole row of beatroot. I reached for my air rifle and had an interesting few minuits mole hunting. Needless to say moley escaped. I hear that a kiddies windmill stuck in the ground works for a small area - the sound drives them nuts.

Half bury some wine bottles near the *****r's hole. The sound of the wind whistling over the bottle neck will reverberate thru the ground and Moley will go and dig up some other poor sod's garden. Either that or I can lend you a 3lbs sledge hammer!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

the smoking them out thing works well. but its hard going in the winter as they have two levels they operate in. the higher level in summer, then they move down to the lower levels when it getts cold, they also give birth in the lower levels to. thats why you dont see as many in the winter.

like the chewing gum idea, my missus' sunday roast is bound to kill them all off for at least a few years....... :huh:

although i have my own veriation on the chewing gum idea

....its called "chewing gun" !! :angry::/

You obviously have not seen the Jasper Carrot sketch.

"There is only one way to get rid of a mole"

Wait till dark, sit on a Deck chair in the middle of your garden. A side by side with a maglite torch strapped to it..............BOOOOOM!

You could trap them and skin them to make your very own original moleskin trousers. :lol::D

This is an old country way my uncle told me about. He used to swear by it. Find the field where they frequnt most and drop a section of orange and a ginger biscuit down the freshest molehill. Return every night for a month and repeat ( I know it is time consuming ). After 30 days just drop the orange down and the mole pops up and says" where's my ******* biscuit" and hit it with a hammer. Job done

jimDfish