cocker spaniel

ROBLATCH

does anyone have-know of this breed of cocker spaniels.

this i my bitch pup faye who is 15mths old .i have had her from 8 wks old ,she is an excelent little dog and coming on realy well in all aspects of work.just curious if anyone else has the same or simmilar breeding.

cheers

Rob

ps, this is the first time i have posted pics so please excuse me if they are not very good.

post-5470-1200151918.jpgpost-5470-1200151837.jpg

I think by the looks of it its a "Show cocker" A guy who used to be a gun of a shoot i used to beat on had 1 exactly the same as yours.

Also when i went to pick up mine from the cocker rescue the lady said the way you can tell is that the "working cocker" Has longer legs than the Show cocker

Hope this helps ;)

I think by the looks of it its a "Show cocker" A guy who used to be a gun of a shoot i used to beat on had 1 exactly the same as yours.

Also when i went to pick up mine from the cocker rescue the lady said the way you can tell is that the "working cocker" Has longer legs than the Show cocker

Hope this helps ;)

she is a working cocker or at least working cocker breed.she was puchased from summerville gundogs as seen in the pedigree.when her coat is clipped she looks a lot taller.also the the pedigree has numerous ftc,s in it.

Rob

Oh, Sorry for my bad post then ;) I was just going on what i had been told and seen :oops: Hope you find what your looking for soon then :lol:

i,v got what i want and have had it for 13mths a working cocker bitch with pleanty of fts,s in her. what i wanted to know was if anyone had of or knew of the same breeding.

thanks to those who replied regarding the breeding of my cocker bitch.

more research brought me to this HERE .

having been told by a freind it was a complete accident i just hope that it is an herreditary disease-illness as this is the father to my pup.

Rob

Edited by ROBLATCH

Hello mine is 16month now but started his apprenticeshipe at 14 month.He is diffrent bred from yours & father is a FTCH & very well bred & im very happy with him other than a couple things like his heeling & started to peg but stops if i tell him to leave it his heeling well he dont like to do it but is learning the hard way the stubern devil.

Picture1839.jpg

Picture1910.jpg

Picture1924.jpg

Picture2212.jpg

Picture2036.jpg

this i my bitch pup faye who is 15mths old .i have had her from 8 wks old ,she is an excelent little dog and coming on realy well in all aspects of work.just curious if anyone else has the same or simmilar breeding.

cheers

Rob

ps, this is the first time i have posted pics so please excuse me if they are not very good.

Rob.

The sires pedigree is first class. Having both Maesydderwyn and Wernffrwd blood. These strains were bred in West Wales and have been the foundation of the modern working Cocker Spanial. Both Lb's and Milomite's Dogs have the same bloodlines.

The Dams bloodline has another prefix that is local to West Wales and that is the Housty strain.

I would say that you have a fine chance of an excellent working Cocker there. If you do a Google search for Housty and the other 2 prefixes you will be surprised what you will come up with.

If you have a look at this dogs pedigree you will find some striking similarities to your pups.

most of the GT-GT-GT-grandparents on that pedigree appear on my dogs also. most of the dogs on Roblatch's dogs pedigree match mine as well. A dog called Rigfoot teal appears on all these pedigrees as well. I have been told this is a famous dog in the scottish borders, and has sired many pups. I hope he is still going ,lucky devil.

cheers

Rob

If you look on the Dams fathers side thats show breeding. ShCh=show champion. 60-70% of the brains are supposed to come from the Dam. :lol:

Kincott is Eddie Scott's breeding, good dogs. Just a question mark about Jade of Livermere. She's a sprocker! :lol:

Maesyderwen (field of oaks in welsh) Peter Jones's lines tend to be solid black dogs and top workers (2nd in this years cocker champs). :unsure:

As mentioned above - the Kingcott dogs are very carefully bred from the best lines such as the Welsh kennels. Our pup is out of Kingcott Del and his pedigree is excellent, Eddie Scott doesn't breed the Kingcott dogs just owns one from a litter of their's. It's Richard Clayton who breeds 'em and we'll be giving him a shout for our next pup http://www.kingcott-gundogs.com/

Looks excellent lines on the sire, intresting show lines on the dam. Are you contemplating taking a litter from her?

Edited by gdunc

As mentioned above - the Kingcott dogs are very carefully bred from the best lines such as the Welsh kennels. Our pup is out of Kingcott Del and his pedigree is excellent, Eddie Scott doesn't breed the Kingcott dogs just owns one from a litter of their's. It's Richard Clayton who breeds 'em and we'll be giving him a shout for our next pup http://www.kingcott-gundogs.com/

Looks good lines Rob, are you contemplating taking a litter from her?

yes i will be taking alitter from her but i want to make sure that i keep a good working strain there.

obviously i dont want very early simmilarities in the pedigree so any recomendationd would be greatly appreciated.

cheers

Rob

I guess if I were in your position I would get in touch with any local Cocker field trial clubs and seek a sire from there.

There's a dog from Kingcott lines on our shoot who i'd possibly want to line up with my bitch in a year or so but would have to sit down and go through all the pedigree and be mindful of matches.

I'm not sure, having never bred before, what degree you'd need to go to with litter mates in the pedigree etc. and ours has a FTCH sire on both sides of her pedigree which someone has decided is ok.

I guess if I were in your position I would get in touch with any local Cocker field trial clubs and seek a sire from there.

There's a dog from Kingcott lines on our shoot who i'd possibly want to line up with my bitch in a year or so but would have to sit down and go through all the pedigree and be mindful of matches.

I'm not sure, having never bred before, what degree you'd need to go to with litter mates in the pedigree etc. and ours has a FTCH sire on both sides of her pedigree which someone has decided is ok.

that,s what i was thinking of how far to go back in the pedigree.

Of the 5 generations we have for our's it is on the 4th that we have a match so that would be gt gt grandparents where Maesydderwen Jackdaw appears as sire at the top and bottom of the pedigree.

I'm not sure of hte protocol for such things but i would think that this is ok given the distance apart and that the breeders through her lines are all reputable enough.

If you look on the Dams fathers side thats show breeding. ShCh=show champion. 60-70% of the brains are supposed to come from the Dam. :oops:

Kincott is Eddie Scott's breeding, good dogs. Just a question mark about Jade of Livermere. She's a sprocker! :lol:

Maesyderwen (field of oaks in welsh) Peter Jones's lines tend to be solid black dogs and top workers (2nd in this years cocker champs). :good:

Hello my dog is from south Wales & out of FTCH Mallowdale Zander & windmillwood bitch.Im not well up in the cockers but know that these lines compliment each other well.Jade of livermere is a dog not a bitch & im sure if it was a sprocker would not be able to compete in any trials let a lone make up to a FTCH & reconized by the KC but i could be wrong!.

Hello my dog is from south Wales & out of FTCH Mallowdale Zander & windmillwood bitch.Im not well up in the cockers but know that these lines compliment each other well.Jade of livermere is a dog not a bitch & im sure if it was a sprocker would not be able to compete in any trials let a lone make up to a FTCH & reconized by the KC but i could be wrong!.

i was thinking the same myself ! i dont think the kc could mistake a cocker for a sprocker :good: