Dog Whistles

Browning

Can anyone suggest what type of whistle would be good for bringing on

a second GSP ?

Does it need to be very different to the pitch of whistle that I currently use for my first GSP ? (I currently use an ACME 211 1/2 )

All advice much appreciated

Sounds like you are in the same position as me B

Having just obtained a cracking dog ESS from Mad Springer I shall in the next few months start training him to the Whistle as I have my Cocker.

This could be potentially confusing for either dog so I think a whistle of a very different pitch is a necessity.

My Grandfather ran two dogs together. A ESS which was trained to an Antler whistle he made himself ( I still have it and use it with my cocker) and a Lab which was trained to a Shepherds mouth whistle) The two pitches are completely different and worked well with no confusion. Having said that it was only used for very basic commands when the dogs were either out of audible voice range or eyesight.

Funnily enough I picked out a couple of Shepherds whistles on Saturday at the local Contrywide store and intend to use one of them with the ESS. If you would like one ( FOC)let me know. I know of several other Gundog handlers who use this type of Whistle.

Alternatively you could get a Acme Thunderer, get some practice with it and replace that B*st**d Swiss referee. :lol:

FM.

Mike, NTTF. Thanks for your help gents.

Mike, is it one of the shepherds lip whistles, half moon shaped ?

If so, thankyou very much for the offer, but my dad used to use

those, and for whatever reason I could never use them.

I'll look around for a nice staghorn whistle I think, they look better than the plain black ACME type.

This is for future use on a very nice 15 week old GSP bitch that came my way, another rescued dog, one that was taken back to the breeder after its new owner had it for only 2 weeks because it kept nipping the kids.

What the hell is wrong with these people !!!!!!

I guess I can't complain, got me a £400 pup for nothing.

Mike, is it one of the shepherds lip whistles, half moon shaped ?

What the hell is wrong with these people !!!!!!

Browning...

1. Yes it is.

2. What indeed, What else do pups do? Unfortunately many of the Pseudo Riche these days see dogs as no more than a fashion accessory to go with the Freelander. We have literally Hundreds of them here in the Mid Cots. I dare say you have a few in the North Cots. as well..... Tossers!

FM.

Ps. If you have difficulty finding a staghorn whistle let me know I often make them for the stick heads.

Oh boy do we get them here !!! And as you say, nothing more than a fashion accessory to go with the new 4x4. Total **** !

I'm hoping I'll be able to find a staghorn whistle at the CLA gamefair in a

couple of weeks, if not I may take you up on your kind offer.

Cheers,

Browning