Essex Masters Hepworth Hall

tosspot

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be there as long as someone stops me having a hissy fit when I miss 9ex10 on the first stand :birthday:

I didn't realise you did that Pin, I thought I was bad for blanking stand 3 and then having a complete mare for 38 ex 100 and 41 ex 100. If you did it was a damn fine recovery to get the score you did in the end. :P You can always just look at me and know that you'll never be as bad as me. :good:

Still say BTMS should have been given the cup for those outrageous Skeet/Skeet 9's 60 yarders.

SS

The thing that gets me is that the whole point of Sporting Clays is that they are supposed to mimic Game in all its forms, but I would have said that over 60% I wouldn't of even raised the gun to had that been real game in the field.

Having said that still thought the layout was good and varied albeit a tad hard. I recall you looking pee'd off now. Trouble was leading up to it we had all shot together at Lakenheath etc and were doing well. Its fair to say though that no clay ground has these sorts of targets set up day in day out. If they did less people would take up the sport.

Look at Biddy's daily setup. Every clay is easily hittable, but at the same time easily missable, and yet there is nothing (except the hightower from stand 20) that is what I would call remotely as hard as the Essex Masters.

Still looking forward to this years.

SS

Don't quote me but I think I came out with 76ex100 in the end which I was over the moon with. Even if one of the trappers gave me a battue I blatantly missed by a London bus, eh Jamie :P

Aye, Mr Chippie McPin. Why couldn't he have given it to me. I would of had 80 ex 200 instead of 79 ex 200. Only one clay but a whole different set of tens which is blatantly more respectful. :good:

SS

Do a search on here, "essex masters".

It's at "hepworth hall" in Essex, easy to get to, I think it was £70 something but it's 200 birds and a very well thought out and run shoot, shot as 2 separate 100 bird shoots - decent prizes in cash and guns.

It's certainly one of the highlights of the Sporting calendar, a very well run shoot with target quality as good as you would find at the British Open, (some would say better).

The 200 Bird format catches a lot of people out, it's so easy to lose it and burn out over the last 50 birds after making a promising start.

You've also got the chance to shoot alongside Faulds & Digweed, and to compare your scores with theirs, so get booked in early, as it's a very popular event.

Cat.