Essex Masters Hepworth Hall

tosspot

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I'm really sorry if this mucks up the numbers but i'm going to have to pull out of this meet. Embarrassingly it's the usual reason for not being able to make such meets but unforeseen circumstances etc.. :blink:

Again, i'm sorry if this has mucked anyone about (In particular Andy who arranged the squads). Hopefully someone can fill my slot (ooerr).

I'm really sorry if this mucks up the numbers but i'm going to have to pull out of this meet. Embarrassingly it's the usual reason for not being able to make such meets but unforeseen circumstances etc.. :blink:

Again, i'm sorry if this has mucked anyone about (In particular Andy who arranged the squads). Hopefully someone can fill my slot (ooerr).

Ooh err, fill your slot???..... say no more!!... suits you sir .. :yes: B) :yes: "only joking young Markio" :good::good:

That's probably because the targets will be good and it's better value for money than the CPSA organised majors.

Entry fee for the British / English this year is £50 for a 100 birder.

The Essex Masters will probably be £70 for a 200 birder.

Cat.

I used to shoot the Clay Shooting Classic every year, but no more, Its now £76.00 for a 150 bird, Ok Big payout but for 90% of the competitors they have no chance of a pick up, best value is the Beretta World held at Meon Springs nr Winchester.Allways a top notch shoot.

Edited by berettaman1

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you Mr. Pot for the timely reminder.

Next Saturday it is.....

My excuses in early - having lost so much weight (coughs 3 stones so far coughs), I shot 100 today and the gun has started to hit me in the face - not enough chubby cheek padding now. Also, I will still be on only 500 calories for the day and am concerned that I may flag on the second half of the course.

Suggest we meet up at the same greasy spoon before where I can watch everyone tuck into a "Mega" whilst I drink my black coffee and look smugly thinner.

I would suggest a meeting time of about 7.30 - 7.45 at the cafe if we are starting at 9.00, last year they didn't seem to fast with the food.

Mungler,

May I suggest Lucozade sweets to get you over your flagging half way around the 2nd course? That is of course unless Lucozade is a banned substance in the clay shooting world.

Random drug tests may be taken :good::P:hmm:

TP,

If you don't fancy a long drive before you shoot on saturday you are welcome to crash at mine friday night, If you don't mind sleeping with a dog :welcomeani:

:P Did you get me one of those dodgy hats mung? :yes:

ARRRGGGHHH

The deadly personalised hats that make us all like we are either out on a coach trip from the nuthouse (Not far from the truth for some of us) or we are out on a stag weekend.

I have still got mine from last year :good:

We have the 9.00 a.m. and 9.10 a.m. slots for two squads on Saturday 19th April. The names so far are:

01. Mungler (Andy)

02. Bagsy (Mark)

03. Markio (Mark)

04. Evil Elvis (Bazza)

05. BTMS (Brian)

06. Martincavie (Martin)

07. Pin (John)

08. Stealth Stalker (Neil)

09. Gary B (Gary)

10. Lefty478 (Matthew)

11. Picture Perfect (Alan)

12. LV (Matt)

13. Derek Digweed aka Trotter (Derek)

14. Broken Man (Carl)

15. Tosspot (Pete)

16. Lucky Dave (Dave)

Squads can be upto 7 or 8. Bad news is that it's the same price as last year being seventy pounds payable on the day (which ain't too bad given that it's 200 clays over the whole day). On a point of order, those who have retained their "hats" from last year please let me know.

EDIT:

First reserve : Cash Money (Scott)

PIN's name is down. If he is bailing then do let us know as we have a reserve in the wings.

Incidentally where is the PINmeister? Upto his ears in soiled nappies and suffering the effects of sleep depravation.