Essex Masters Hepworth Hall

tosspot

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its in the high Street of Halstead at the bottom of the hill Lefty. They do a mean "Special Salad" as TP mentioned. Sorry I couldn't make this but at the time money was a bit tight and **** law now isn't an issue. Ah well, lets a shooter of TP's Stature in on the comp. (I will be claiming his Score as my own in lieu of the fact he is my second and can't wait to see how "WE" get on :good::D:good::oops: )

SS

Anyone got the name and/or address of the greasy spoon to meet at?

Lefty,

It is The Halstead Cafe funnily enough and its address is 62 High St Halstead Essex. The ground is about 5 mins away and there is a car park just around the back of the cafe.

I'll look up a map for you and post the link.

Cheers

Martin

Pete,

The cafe is in Hastead High St, 62 High St, Halstead, CO9 2JG

01787 478 548

I have not had time to check it out but I am sure they do tea and bacon rolls.

I myself have started a strict training regime ready for friday, I had a full english with bubble and squeak for breakfast and a 1/4pound cheeseburger for lunch :good::yes:

Have been round two local shoots today and been getting funny looks for homming and chanting "be the clay"

Cafe in Halstead

Andy,

You present isn't one of these is it?

Knobber Trophy

copied from last years thread

Cheers Pete,

See you saturday.

I will be at the cafe at about 7.30 - 7.45 parked in the same place as last year.

A word of advice to anyone going who hasn't been before is, get your food before you get there as the burger van is dire.

Car park for the cafe is in Chapel Street

Edited by martincavie

We have the 9.00 a.m. and 9.10 a.m. slots for two squads on Saturday 19th April. The names so far are:

01. Mungler (Andy)

02. Bagsy (Mark)

03. Markio (Mark)

04. Evil Elvis (Bazza)

05. BTMS (Brian)

06. Martincavie (Martin)

07. Pin (John)

08. Stealth Stalker (Neil)

09. Gary B (Gary)

10. Lefty478 (Matthew)

11. Picture Perfect (Alan)

12. LV (Matt)

13. Derek Digweed aka Trotter (Derek)

14. Broken Man (Carl)

15. Tosspot (Pete)

16. Lucky Dave (Dave)

Squads can be upto 7 or 8. Bad news is that it's the same price as last year being seventy pounds payable on the day (which ain't too bad given that it's 200 clays over the whole day). On a point of order, those who have retained their "hats" from last year please let me know.

EDIT:

First reserve : Cash Money (Scott)

I'm really sorry if this mucks up the numbers but i'm going to have to pull out of this meet. Embarrassingly it's the usual reason for not being able to make such meets but unforeseen circumstances etc.. :good:

Again, i'm sorry if this has mucked anyone about (In particular Andy who arranged the squads). Hopefully someone can fill my slot (ooerr).

count me in

just spoke to bagsy

don't forget me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have the 9.00 a.m. and 9.10 a.m. slots for two squads on Saturday 19th April. The names so far are:

01. Mungler (Andy)

02. Bagsy (Mark)

03. Cash Money (Scott)

04. Evil Elvis (Bazza)

05. BTMS (Brian)

06. Martincavie (Martin)

07. Pin (John)

08. Stealth Stalker (Neil)

09. Gary B (Gary)

10. Lefty478 (Matthew)

11. Picture Perfect (Alan)

12. LV (Matt)

13. Derek Digweed aka Trotter (Derek)

14. Broken Man (Carl)

15. Tosspot (Pete)

16. Lucky Dave (Dave)

Squads can be upto 7 or 8. Bad news is that it's the same price as last year being seventy pounds payable on the day (which ain't too bad given that it's 200 clays over the whole day). On a point of order, those who have retained their "hats" from last year please let me know.

EDIT:

First reserve : Empty

Updated to reflect Markio wimping out like a lady and Scott stepping up to the plate in a manly fashion.

Incidentally, could everyone on the list quickly confirm that they are on and in because I will be sending the amending list to the organisers by fax tomorrow.

Cheers all.

Edited by Mungler

Sean is a very good shot, he won this event a couple of years back, I think he did a 95 + 96, he seems to really like Dyson's targets.

That sort of score will put the pressure on the big fella & young ****.

I know Sean shoots the big bomber 36 gram Buffalo's at everything during this event, he's entitled to do that as it's not being run to CPSA rules, I personally don't believe there's a single target there that can't be broken comfortably with a standard 28 gram trap shell.

Cat.

Edited by Catamong

Aah ****!!! I only shoot 24 gram loads.!!! Anything he can do, I can do worse!!!Aah c,mon I am a super vet now,... 69 years old!! Ooh Erh, what the **** Am I Doing leaving the old peoples home for the mentally disturbed, to shoot against such lunatics???..... my only problem is going to remember what bus to catch back?:yes:? oh **** Ive forgot where I live!!! :blush::good::lol:

Okay the plan is for the Essex boys to meet up round at mine at 7 a.m on Saturday.

I will be picking Scott (Cash Money) up from Romford at 6.30 a.m. and will then head back to mine and get Lucky Dave on the way.

That will account for 3 out of 5 seats in my car.

Others needing lifts etc speak up now so we can sort stuff out.

Cheers,

Andy