Essex Masters Hepworth Hall

tosspot

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Defcafecon1tastic.

P.S.

Got word from Alan down at Eastern Sporting that my Extrema2 is back FAC stylee :)

I am debating using skeet chokes and some big bomber carts as Cat suggested.

:yahoo: I've got some one and 7/8oz Remington BB's if you want to try them, or some one and 3/8oz 6's ? Might bring tears to your eyes in that light little gun of yours, but having seen you shoot a 4 bore, I would think that you could handle it. :yahoo:

Okay the plan is for the Essex boys to meet up round at mine at 7 a.m on Saturday.

I will be picking Scott (Cash Money) up from Romford at 6.30 a.m. and will then head back to mine and get Lucky Dave on the way.

That will account for 3 out of 5 seats in my car.

Others needing lifts etc speak up now so we can sort stuff out.

Cheers,

Andy

Just caught up with this. I've changed things round and will pick up Del and Scott, save the journey mate.

Well myself and 3 mates are shooting it Friday A.M!!Means I have to start out at 5.AM drive to Burton On Trent, meet up with the other guys, and then have a back seat snooze all the way darn saaf. 193 miles according to google maps,!!Although I dont think I will be able to sleep as the driver,"Claybuster" Is a reincarnation of Evil Canival,... Gulp...IF I dont make it, I hereby give LV and Bagsy permision to sell off all my guns, and shooting mementos, badges , gold medals, awards, and other treasured photos,!!!Best not show my wife those of myself and Madam Fifi!!!Ha Ha Ha!! :good::w00t::w00t::w00t:

My sources tell me Diggy did a 185 today, and having shot it reckons there's only one person in the world who could beat that score, and he's limbering up in Beijing. :good:

The Essex Gaylords better stock up on kleenex in Halstead on Saturday, it could be tears all round..!! :w00t:

Cat.

Those Essex Mafia boys who haven't shot this event before are in for a real Eye opener, 145-150 is a seriously good score on these targets. They look deceptively easy, but take some working out and I'm still trying to work out how I blanked Stand 3 easy Left-right and right-left crossers skeet style :w00t: .

Remember enjoy the day, oh and the Pond is nearby on the way out when you want to chuck the Gun.

Good luck to one and all.

SS :good:

:good: What score did you get dude?

Thing is with mungler, over the last 2 essex qualifiers his shooting got better as we went on, but finished on 100 birds, if he can maintain the pace then 140 at least I think is do-able. I have faith in him, he did 150 over 2 x100 bird shoots.

me on the other had, i did 115 over the same 2 so Im under no illusions that its going to be a toughy.the laken heath one had a lot of target that id never shot at before and the banbury one it was blizzarding, id add 10 to all our scores if it wasnt!!! :w00t:

On his game I think mungler could card a 150, 200 birds is a hell of a lot to keep your concentration over - more of a war of attrition than a clay shoot. It really is the being ******* minded about every single target that will get you a good score.

:good: What score did you get dude?

Thing is with mungler, over the last 2 essex qualifiers his shooting got better as we went on, but finished on 100 birds, if he can maintain the pace then 140 at least I think is do-able. I have faith in him, he did 150 over 2 x100 bird shoots.

Baz,

I shot appalling for 79 ex 200, but still didn't come last in our group (eh FG.22 :w00t::w00t: )

I have no doubt that Mungler can indeed improve upon his score from last year as I expect those who shot it last year to do as well. Thing is last year was the first time any of us had shot it and as Pin points out shooting 200 competition clays even if two courses of 100 is a war of attrition.

Best advice I can give (If I can give any), is to shoot each course as 100 birds only, i.e don't worry about your score overall. There are no gimme targets, but as Catamong and a few others have stated they are all hittable, just study before going in the cage and if you struggle on one of a pair make sure you get the other each time.

Really annoyed I can't make this now as I know I would easily beat my score from last year, you guys will all enjoy the day. May the banter flow and the clays break for you all.

SS :w00t:

Well I started out at 5 am this morning to to travel to Burton on Trent to meet up with Claybuster and two of his mates to shoot the Essex Masters, I got there for 5.50 AM, his two usual shooting mates turned up for 6.25 AM,!! *****, anyway off we went, got to Hallstead at 9.10 and went into a great little Cafe , on the High Street,( next to Lloyds Bank,) .. full English Breakfast, A cup of tea,... and, two rounds of toast each!!--- cost £5.00 each !!Brilliant!! ( note, go past the Cafe first left to a car park, then walk through an alley to the High Street and the Cafe is only 2 doors down!!!.). Off to the shoot, paid up, then waited till about 10.10am and started the competition.At this point I would like to point out allthough dry, the day was plagued by a freezing cold wind, that made your hands and the rest of your body parts ,Frozen,Ears and nose etc, at the end , my mate Claybuster , had shot a tremendoes 90X 100!!. his mates, a A class shooter a 77. and the other, old AA class Vet a 77 also, *****,Myself,? a super vet, 69 year old only managed a 75.!!.... In all honesty I was pleased with that.!!however that all changed for the second 100 birder, after being told we would be kicking off for the second 100,at 1.20pm, we were kept waiting untill 2.25.?? by this time, myself and all the other squads where totally ****** Off,..... first stand I put in a 4x8,, stand 2 straight, stand 3 straight!!... Wahhoo,on these two stands I outshot Mark Marshall!!! who was on our squad!! stand 3 the first of 2 stand breakdowns, Mark Marshall after waiting, .. retirered from our squad, and left the Competition,!!as he did not feel well,... I wish that I too had retired at this point as my hips, which had started paining me at the end of the first 100, was now paying me back in spades,... After a few more more stands I would have bee quite happy to be shot , and put out of my misery,without my painkillers I was now, a dead man walking!! I shot the rest of the stands, not caring what I shot as my walking was that painfull , I just wanted to stagger back to the car park and get off home,, I could not believe how bad I shot because of what my body was telling me,**** Help!!Claybuster shot a 75. and myself a --- 56!!!..... we left at 5.30pm and I staggered into my house at 9.10 PM.. sorry Guys. :hmm: