£100 to spend on decoys what should i get

dieseldave

i and fairly new to pigeon shooting i am shooting for the second year but i dont do alot. i live on a 500 acre farm which has around 100 acres of barley. At the moment i have about 12 still plastic decoys of pigeons and crows. I am looking to spend about £100 on decoys what should i buy. I was thinking about a rotary but am not sure whether a few flappers and floaters would not be better. If its floaters i need then is it ok to just use a bit of stiffish wire with a decoy on the top.

I would buy 3 X floaters for dead birds, and some rubber flexicoy decoys whole bodied. Save ya money on the whirler as they died a death for me about 2 year ago. I still take it with me but it spends more time in the hedge these days.

Welcome to the site D D

I made some floaters from the vanes of an old fishing brolly, they move well in the slightest breeze.

As for decoys , for me the flapper i bought from Deeko is, in my oppinion, the dogs nadgers, i wont leave home without it.

Like Ears said, the rotary is now gathering dust in the garage, they seem to have become wise to it , well in this area anyway.

buy an electronic flapper , you wont regret it.

regards Sutty :)

I agree with sutty, i bought a flapper from deco, its brilliant, i also bought 10 flock coated shells, again i cannot fault either. I was out on wednesday on some laid barley as an experement i left a few birds to see how close they would come in, to my supprise they all landed and started feeding amongst the deeks so thats enough proof as to how good they are. (They didnt get a second chance when they took off though).