FAO is coming

highseas

hi all my FAO is coming to morrow but i dont know what for ive sent in my aplication form and ive had my interveiw ive a suspition he wants to put me on a supervision order will i be able to own a gun with a supervision thingy or will i have to wait untill ive passed is

thanks all

hi all my FAO is coming to morrow but i dont know what for ive sent in my aplication form and ive had my interveiw ive a suspition he wants to put me on a supervision order will i be able to own a gun with a supervision thingy or will i have to wait untill ive passed is

thanks all

He might be checking your security or something may have come up since your interview? With respect to mentoring, I think they can ask but you are under no volition to accept as it,s not in HO guidelines as mandatory.

thanks all

hi. might just be dropping your ticket of. some of them are very nice people

that go above and beyond the call.

There is a lot of it happening now concerning a mentor and a lot of replies the same, quite correctly mentioned its not law to have a mentor its each force area's interpretation of the law.

Now, while a lot of people will advise you to turn down a mentor as its not law be aware of one thing. They can refuse your application if they feel that you are not suitable for a firearm, ie lack of experience, attitude towards firearms and the use of etc...

I would personally advise that if they offer the option of a mentor (and you know of someone willing) accept it, grit your teeth and accept. That way you will still be granted your FAC, you will still be able to shoot and usually they only require a mentoring period of 3 months - it will fly by. It is something thats becoming common practice now and while everytime someone accepts a mentor as a condition of a grant it strengthens the FEO's resolve to make it mandatory, lets face it we are only postponing the inevitable - its gonna happen anyway :rolleyes:

Edited by taffygun

thanks all

Nothing to worry about, the rules and guidelines are changing by the hour it seems, I have been shooting for many years, in fact Noah was one of my shooting buddies :w00t:

I know my FAO well and despite that he has to do a home visit and interview me for a one for one variation.

He and I know its a waste of time but rules are rules.

Good luck with your visit, I hope you made him a cup of tea.

:w00t: D2D

Hi, don't worry about it just be yourself and polite, it's something that needs to be done and it's maybe something and nothing. If he has checked your security and interviewed you then I would suggest he may be dropping off your ticket, possibly just to go over some things maybe something about your permission! If you have gone about things properly and your interview went well with no worries from the FAO then you should be ok.

I am sure it will go well and if so welcome to the world of firearms.

thanks guys but can i own a gun while on the mentor thingy and just not use it on my own

or do i have to wait until its over to buy a gun

Yes you can legally purchase and possess the rifles and moderators that you have been granted but the condition will be written on your ticket that they can only be used in the presence of <your mentor>

unless you are a member of a certified range. I was allowed to use my rifle at my club without my mentor being present. When I enquired about this my FEO told me that certified ranges have rules and regs and there will always be someone there watching over my shoulder and strict health and safety rules would be adhered to. :w00t: