shotgun certificate

thomasbeaton

6 weeks for me

and then the same for a variation!!!

they do their best but it doesn't seem very good at times,

Airarms, 4 months!!!!!!!!! you have my sympathy and I know some places take even longer.

I've been bugging my local office today as my gun is in. Yesterday they said it "just needs a signature, should be done later today",called again to be told "by the morning", called at 1400today, to be told "manager in meeting", called at 1630 (latest to collect and go to shop), told "its being signed" (near top of pile of 50) I 'll come and collect it then', "oh no it has to be checked, so tomorrow"

I would have thought it should have been checked, before it went for and before it was signed, not after but hey.

I really think we deserve a better service, countrywidr, maybe the new computer system will improve things, once it has caught up with the back log.

It seems the more rural forces are usually the quickist

Good luck and take up another hobby in the meantime it helps the time go faster.

H

6 weeks for me

and then the same for a variation!!!

they do their best but it doesn't seem very good at times,

Airarms, 4 months!!!!!!!!! you have my sympathy and I know some places take even longer.

I've been bugging my local office today as my gun is in. Yesterday they said it "just needs a signature, should be done later today",called again to be told "by the morning", called at 1400today, to be told "manager in meeting", called at 1630 (latest to collect and go to shop), told "its being signed" (near top of pile of 50) I 'll come and collect it then', "oh no it has to be checked, so tomorrow"

I would have thought it should have been checked, before it went for and before it was signed, not after but hey.

I really think we deserve a better service, countrywidr, maybe the new computer system will improve things, once it has caught up with the back log.

It seems the more rural forces are usually the quickist

Good luck and take up another hobby in the meantime it helps the time go faster.

thanks

thomas

H

mine took 4 months from posting the forms to being told i had it. sped up by a few phonecalls!

Whatever you do dont chase the poilice via phonecalls. The assistant at my local guns hop knows the Chief Officer of the West Yorkshire police who issues the certificates. The Chief officer mentioned that if smeone rings chasing their application....they simply pick it up and put it to the bottom of the pile!

Dont take the risk, just wait it out.

Mine took only 3 months from sending my application to receiving my certificate!

mine took 4 months from posting the forms to being told i had it. sped up by a few phonecalls!

Whatever you do dont chase the poilice via phonecalls. The assistant at my local guns hop knows the Chief Officer of the West Yorkshire police who issues the certificates. The Chief officer mentioned that if smeone rings chasing their application....they simply pick it up and put it to the bottom of the pile!

Mine took only 3 months from sending my application to receiving my certificate!

kool thanks for the addvice

thomas

Look bugging them every day is not a good idea,

but there are not doing us favours! its their job tp process the information!!!!

we are paying for a service

Mr U

if they give you a timeline and then go past it, I see no reason why you cannot 'very politely' enquire why, they have broke their deadline.

Most of them are office workers that are just processing information, it could be council tax or the dvla, they just have data to process, it makes no difference to them.

I see no reason why it should take 3 months!

I would have thought a month would be more than ample time from start to finish incl. all interviews etc. it has to be accurate but it isn't that complicated.

Just my humble opinion and my sympathy goes out to those who have to wait months :lol:

H

just had a phone call about my application and because i downloaded the forms they have not put the counter signeture form and they will send the form to me, aso iv got to hand in another two photo's to make four photos

thomas

Did you not read the notes before you sent the application off? You don't want to be giving the police excuses now.

Are you saying that there online copy of the form 103 is incomplete?

mr_colt.

well he must be a miserable ***** then!

I rang up, once to make sure they had recieved everything and it was going through, and once to advise them that i was available any time on any day for my inspection. after the second call, I had the inspection 3 days later. He told me that if I hadnt rung, it would have been another 6 weeks due to my position on the list to be inspected.

ring them. be polite, accept and understand their reasons for the delays, try to come to an arrangement (if possible) that suits both you and the FLO. :good:

change your gun shop.

Edited by markbivvy

• 1 year later...

I posted my form on monday12th of this month, fao came round on the friday!!!!!! I didn't have a cabinet fitted so did that on the monday 19th and he came round on wednesday to check it, just waiting for licence to arrive now. Nothing but praise for the hampshire firearms police. :good: