Cost of a round of sporting?

LEFTY478

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

£28/100 the weekend before last, and it was very quiet.

I wonder if the cost of shells is starting to bite?

Lefty, have you tried the clay shoot at Pirbright?

Probably quiet because it's £28 a time :lol:

Seems hellishly expensive, even for jolly old Bucks. Most round here seem to be £20-23 and that includes leafy Hooray Henry Cheshire :lol:

Probably quiet because it's £28 a time :lol:

Seems hellishly expensive, even for jolly old Bucks. Most round here seem to be £20-23 and that includes leafy Hooray Henry Cheshire :lol:

Well, as you know we all have jobs down here, and money to burn :lol:

It is actually a very shoot, you can shoot noddy shoots for less, but what is the point? - other than to tell your mates down the pub you are now an 80% shooter at sporting I guess :lol:

Both the clubs I shoot at on a sunday are £7 for 50.

The tuesday evening ones are £7 for 40 and £7 for 30 (god only knows why)

Bagsy,

You shot really well on sunday, I did think at one point I was going to get the hat. A BIG THANKS to Markio for coming :lol:

Most of my clay bashing these days is conducted at Kelbrrok, which I feel is an excellent ground. I usually shoot 100 @ cost of £22. Not the cheapest, but I feel that the quality of the targets and facilities are worth a little extra.

webber

I can see I'm going to have to have a go at Kelbrook :good:

Webber, I remember you posting that they don't use Claymate (I think it was Kelbrook anyway)

Can you tell me what system they do use?

Cheers

Chard

Sorry, but you thought wrong. They do use Claymate, but I have no issues, with the way that they apply its use. I generally have very few no birds, and therefore just take them as extras, and explain in the shop if a particular trap has a problem. I have never, ever been doubted.

Afew weeks ago myself and 2 friends shot 100 each, we had 5 no birds between us!

webber

Chard

Sorry, but you thought wrong. They do use Claymate, but I have no issues, with the way that they apply its use. I generally have very few no birds, and therefore just take them as extras, and explain in the shop if a particular trap has a problem. I have never, ever been doubted.

Afew weeks ago myself and 2 friends shot 100 each, we had 5 no birds between us!

webber

Thanks for that. I'm glad it's Claymate. I'm not keen on some of the other systems, especially that peculiar business where you shout "Pull" at a machine :good: I don't like the token system at Sealand either.

Kelbrook does look a nice place on their website ;)

I like the high towers at Sealand, but agree that the token system is quite limiting.

When I go to Kelbrook, I dont use a score card at all. I simply visit every stand that has wires running to it, and then try to shoot what ever comes. If I hit them easy, I stop, but if I find a stand I cant hit I will try a few more, hopefully untill I do hit them.

There are a few different layouts there, although the ground is quite compact. I have only ever shot at one other ground which I considered to be better than Kelbrook, and that was Hodnet in Shropshire. The place is in a different legue. I had only been shooting a few months when I was invited to shoot there. I hit almost nothing, but would still like to have another go one day, but not in a competition.

webber

We need someone who knows the prices of the clays at Gleneagles to stick their prices up, that would make Chard's eyes water.

I know for a fact they charge £7.50 for a box of 25 cartridges :good:;):lol:

Are you sure that's not for a box of 25 golf balls? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by Chard