Cyprus holiday info rqd

fortune

Has anyone been to Cyprus on hol in the recent past? We’ve booked to go to Protaras in the summer and it would be helpful for any inside info. EG has anyone gone over to the Turkish side? If so what’s involved? I’ve had a trawl on sites such as holidays uncovered and real holiday reviews but it’s always helpful to get as much info as poss from the widest base.

If you've been did you see any shooting grounds over there?

I am going back to Protaras in June this year. We have been there before and found it to be a great place. Check out Penera which is a short bus/taxi ride. It's a great little place.

If eating out, try the Hungry Hippo 'cafe'. It may not look much but the food is excellent and lots of it too.

All in all, a great place for a holiday.

Fortune,

You will love it, the Greek Cypriots are very friendly and helpful people and Protaras is nice place to stay, great beaches and plenty to do. All sorts of restaraunts, English , Chinese, Indian, etc: but i would certainly try the Greek, good food and very tasty.

I normally stay at the far end of Protaras, near Paralimni as i have friends who live there, loads of good bars. :good:

Cyprus has recently changed currency, from the Cyprus £ to the Euro, and regarding being expensive, i didn`t find it so.

A visit to the tukish side is well worth it, you will need your passports and if you are driving a hire car you will need special insurance, its not that dear, alternatively you could go by coach or bus, you will be able to get all your info from your hotel or information centre. Kyrenia is a jewel, well worth a visit.

A safari in Land rovers is always a good day out, but dont take granny, can be a bit rough sometimes.

Another day out is to Pafos to see the tombs of the kings, if you like that sort of thing, the only trouble is its a bloody long way on the coach.

Troodos mountain, or should i say hills is another day out, so much to see and do, you will never be bored, last october ( i go then because its a lot cooler) i took a trip out on one of the boats from Aya Napa, they go out for a few hours and stop off in places where you can swim and dive, a good meal thrown in for around a tenner, well worth it.

Im sure you will enjoy it and go back again and again, it does get very hot in summer so be prepared.

lacalfishermangoingout.jpg

Aya Napa harbour

been there a couple of times now and id move there like a shot if i could, i love the island ,the people and the way of life out there, they even drive on the same side of the road as us. stayed in larnika both times and went to most places including pathos, troodos mountains, ahya napa, took in boat trips etc. everything is extremely well priced and the food is to die for. there nothing bad about the place that i know off and the weather is just fantastic if you like it HOT.

if you go to the troodos mountains at the top there was a little market and one of the stalls sell this home made orange wine....if its still there get some itll blow your head off :lol: i will be going back as soon as i can(wanna show the family), with luck i wont be coming back ??? have a great time there mate

lee :lol::lol:

I'm Cypriot and have gone there ever since I was a nipper, been to loads of places around the world but there is something special about Cyprus.

My shooting partner has a villa in Protaras, 4 bed, swimming pool, plasma and full sky TV, right by the beach that he rents out. His dad who also loves shooting is a cab driver who does airport runs and can probably tell you of any shooting to be had out there, English talking and a great guy.

I'f you or anyone is interested PM me and I'll get some more details, I'm sure he will sort out a decent price if he aint paying the agents their cut.

It's a great place if theres a group of you going, or even with kids if you have any.

I've got to have a word with him about some comision I think :lol: :lol: :lol:???:P:lol: :o

Edited by Cosd

COMISSION !!!!!

Thanks for the offer of help and info. It's just general info about the whys and wherefores that I need to plan out the things to do. If there is a range near Paralimni then I might be able to slip off for a bit of sport. I doubt if the wife would like to spend a load of her roasting time on a dusty clay ground. The landy safari sounds good. We went on one on Zante and the lads drove them rally style. We had great fun with water pistols and water bottles on the hairpin bends.

It's just the wife and me, the kids are grown up now and we don’t want to be dragging them with us. We've done our fair share of that. We like it hot. 35c +

Edited by fortune