Trapping on my shoot- simple and effective

Ferretboy111

2-3 magpies a week :good: !! Your catch rate will shoot up, no two ways about it. I am amazed people run larsens without bait, you are missing out on a great amount of their potential. I had 3 larsens and caught 37 magpies in one week. You're getting a full house EVERY morning, and then you check back later on, and it may well be full again. Be sure to switch the call bird, especially since he's be in there a while now.

• 2 weeks later...

lol, i havent caught a single squirrel in those traps for weeks now, had a total of 17 from those two traps, however i did catch one in another tunnel the other day.

Larsens are working well now, and have caught 7 magpies, but they still arent clearing up everything, ill move them about abit soon.

In relation to blocking the entrances to the holes abit, instead of just the sticks i have done, and they look really well camouflaged. I used mud, stones and turf to block them up alittle. Im determined to catch a stoat.

I shall be running a line of fox snares soon when the cover gets up alittle, 30 or so and hopefully get some more fenn traps and tunnels made up.

Currently have 2 magnum traps set, 3 larsen traps, and 10 fenn trap tunnels placed out. Really want to double that for my 750 acre shoot.

Alex :yes:

2 of each where set at gate ways facing a cross the gate and 2 of each where set down the furrows on field eges i got bothe animals in the gate ones by no sticks i ment just slightly narrode down say an inch or so ans the ones with sticks had 2 down thru the entrance hope this helps