Best gun a Beretta 686e ltd or a Blaser f3 sport

snowyhog

Blaser F3. I don't own one - I have Brownings - but I have shot one. Very well balanced a felt a lot lighter than it was. Graham from Gundeals tells me it is because it's better balanced than my Brownings. I don't think it is bias, as he owns Blasers and Brownings.

I'm not a Beretta fan, but they are okay. The model you cite is not as good as a Blaser F3.

Apologies if this sounds sarcastic but the best one will be the one that fits you.

regards /// quote

Is it wise to have this done by an expert , as how do you know ?? most feel the same .

I have bruised right cheek from the following so far Lamber sport , silver pigeon s , 686 e .

Shoulders are ok , im 6ft /16stn with slightly chubby cheeks ( bless )

Do i need a less drop at the heel gun :good: blaser = 2in 686 =2.36

I have had both guns (at the same time) and then sold the Beretta (to SimonP of here).

Blaser F3 all day long for me - light, balanced and very pointable.

Beretta 686 is a good gun but (1) didn't fit me in the same way the Blaser did (2) wasn't as pointable.

It's all down to personal choice and I made mine.

I agree with Mungler on this one, My F3 goes where I look and seems to float in the air. It is fast or slow depending on the bird and very pointable.

2 very different guns and you have to make your choice on what you think suits you. I have never liked or shot well with any Beretta.

i was toying with the idea of getting myself an F3 not so long ago but i decided to stick with my beretta gold E, which is a top piece of kit by the way, but if a gun fits you well i dont think it matters what you go for, the fella who i go clay shooting with has a bottom of the range miroku really heavy horrible lookin thing but it fits him like a glove and he whips the **** off me week after week and averages mid 80s to mid 90s out of 100 on the sporting, i'm not dissing mirokus by the way my mate just has a nasty one, and thats my 10 penneth worth for today.

cheers fenman..... :good:

my 2p worth, after a long time searching,reading reviews asking oppinions i got nowhere. one person says this the other says the opposite. i had a budget so off i go with the old man to a gun dealers in edinburgh. chose a gun (miroku 800 ore) way over my price range but didnt fit was to short,needed cast and also bent. i found ut that this can be altered and got the alterations.

it just so happened there was the same gun with all the alteration but another customers i tried this and fell in love. just out of curiosity i tried a gun that was lose to 5 grand same stock dimensions and i hated it.

after a lengthy rabble my point is,get to a guin dealers and try everything,find out if they do alterations then decide.

James

I agree with Mungler on this one, My F3 goes where I look and seems to float in the air. It is fast or slow depending on the bird and very pointable.

2 very different guns and you have to make your choice on what you think suits you. I have never liked or shot well with any Beretta.

cant say the same as im blind as a bat, dont realy know where the hell its pointing half the time, sounds like your shooting an AERO martin :o :good:

ditto to the beretta, i cant comp with them, Brownings all the way.

as above very differing qulity in guns listed, my choice the blaser, not that many over here but the ones ive seen are quality tools, but again a $10,000 gun is only as good as the gunner behind it

Martin

I have had both guns (at the same time) and then sold the Beretta (to SimonP of here).

Blaser F3 all day long for me - light, balanced and very pointable.

Beretta 686 is a good gun but (1) didn't fit me in the same way the Blaser did (2) wasn't as pointable.

It's all down to personal choice and I made mine.

Same here (apart from selling the Beretta to SimonP of course).

Although i admit a bias towards miroku/Browning the Mk38 Mk70 525 425 tend to fit the larger gent and the extra weight can smooth your swing if you have large arms :good:

Agree with all of this. I am 6'4 and own a 525 30", it felt more comfortable to me than the Miroku equivelent. I found the balance and shape of the forend on the Browning more my cup of tea. Good gunfit is where you should start.

Snowy hog is right.

A £50 Baikal that fits you will hit 100% more clays than a Perazzi that doesn't. NEVER buy a gun on make / looks / wood. ONLY buy a gun that fits you and you like the balance of.

In shooting terms the better of the two guns you site, is the one that fits better and you prefer to hold and use.

Cosmetically the better gun is personal choice, and mechanically there's nothing in it at this level of gun.

Clayman

Snowy hog is right.

A £50 Baikal that fits you will hit 100% more clays than a Perazzi that doesn't. NEVER buy a gun on make / looks / wood. ONLY buy a gun that fits you and you like the balance of.

In shooting terms the better of the two guns you site, is the one that fits better and you prefer to hold and use.

Cosmetically the better gun is personal choice, and mechanically there's nothing in it at this level of gun.

Clayman

have to disagree there, i go for all the big shiny ones personaly, nothing beats a good bit of furniture and shiny action, makes me feel good when im trying to shoot those clay thingys, big noisey and shiny, the only way to go. :lol: even coloured ones as well, thats got to make it worth while.

Martin

Isn't this a bit like like comparing a horse with a donkey?

686e Vs Blaser F3.

The F3 costs double the price of a 686e

I shoot a 682 Gold (not E) I'm pleased with it. I did think about trading it in but thought 'hold on' it fits me just fine & it looks beautiful.

I've just bought new Teague chokes for it & getting it serviced soon. Hope to keep it another 2 years at least

Edited by The Great Cornholio