Shooting Jacket

Dunkield

I have mentioned it before, but I have been looking to replace my army goretex jacket for a while.

Ahe problem is I prefer to layer up and I get very warm very qickly, so most stalking type jackets are just to bulky for me.

I was going to wait until the game fairs to try a few on before buying, but then the other day a mate of mine sent me a link to John Norris's winter sale with an offer on Harkila Grouse trousers and jacket.

The jacket looked the part, so I ordered one up.

It turned up this morning and I have to say it looks like exactly what I was after, it is quite light (it can take a lining) Gortex with a couple of decent sized pockets.

I haven't tried it in the wet or cold yet but it looks as if it will perform well.

It is a strange kind of light olive colour if that makes a difference to your wardrobe :good:

Oh, and important bit, it was £100, which is £150 off the list price, and the price they are still selling them for elsewhere :good:

Looks like this:

prod1993.jpg

Sounds good. The John Norris ads in the press have a DeerHunter Game jacket at £29.99 (from £149.99 apparently) and I'm always tempted - even if it's just for a weather proof jacket for dog walking at that price. Looking at the web page I can't see them but I'm sure they were in last week's Shooting Times.

Has anyone bought one of these jackets? Any good?

The Harkila kit is very good stuff (and so it should be for the price!). I've got the Kodiak jacket and leather fronted trousers... fantastic clothing but I found they come up very large! The swedes must be rather portly :good: as I had to order a jacket two sizes smaller than usual and the smallest trousers are 33" and need a belt or braces to stay up!