New Rotary....(Andy Moss one)

jon0881

Ive just got one of Any Moss' Pigeon Rotary's (off ebay). It looks a cracking piece of kit for the ££. If anyone else has one can they let me know what i should do with the arms? The spikes that are used for the wings are welded and set close to the main centre spike. I assume i just bend them out but i cant understand why they would be welded so close to the centre spike unless you spread the bird and spike the wings close to the body.

I'm glad you posted this Jon. I've just brought one of Andy's too, and I wondered about what to do wth the supports. I thought they may have been soldered so was thinking I'd just resolder them into position. But if as you say it's a weld we can just bend 'em into place.

I had 4 hours freezing my nuts off sitting in a hide in Hampshire last week and I only drew in two pigeons. I got the 2nd one and never fired another cartridge.

I'll try it out next week hopefully.

P.S. Can you charge the battery up with a normal car battery charger?

Matt

Edited by Swanky Doodle Pigeon

I'm glad you posted this Jon. I've just brought one of Andy's too, and I wondered about what to do wth the supports. I thought they may have been soldered so was thinking I'd just resolder them into position. But if as you say it's a weld we can just bend 'em into place.

I had 4 hours freezing my nuts off sitting in a hide in Hampshire last week and I only drew in two pigeons. I got the 2nd one and never fired another cartridge.

Matt

Does it not come with a charger?

Matt

Does it not come with a charger?

Called Andy Moss, the package doesn't come with a charger but he can supply them for a small fee.

Thanks for the thread, me and my shooting partner are ordering 1 each today :blush:

Yeah ive got a cheap 300ma charger off ebay ages ago. I will end up linking it into my Optimate charger for my bike. That can be left on all the time and it charges, maintains etc. They were £30 i think but has saved many a battery from the depths of the tip over winter.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Now it could be me? But I can't find Andy Moss on Ebay?

Can someone give me a link for him and the price of the Magnet. I need to compare with the one below.

I'm looking at the 'Pigeon Decoy' one which is £65 +pp.........anyone got one of these? seems a good deal?

:angry::hmm: :hmm: :good::lol::hmm:

• 1 month later...

Just got one myself, just wondering how to pack it onto the m/bike.

Might have to use the missus car in the end.

Don't want to do that 'cos I'm likely to fill the boot up with stuff I don't really need.

I've got a lamping outfit for the rifle so I'll just use the charger from that, the batteries do need the correct charger.

Any one travel by m/bike & carry a magnet ? Any prob's ?

• 3 weeks later...

I'd like to say a good word about Andy Moss. A friend and I bought two rotary's from Andy a few months ago.

We haven't had the chance to use them often yet but after three attempts my friend found his was wearing the battery out very quickly. We had bought two batteries each, so after trying his batteries then mine, it was obvious it was his machine and not the batteries. I also tried his batteries on my machine and mine would last in the excess of 4 hours.

I called Andy and explained the problem, and without a flinch he has offered to send us a new motor.

As far as Rotary's go these aren't expensive, but having read some articles on here regarding back up service and lack of it from the larger retailers, this man is second to none.

An absolute gent and wouldn't think twice about recomending him.

Thanks Andy :yes::hmm::hmm::):drool::hmm:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
i bought one of these the other day very sturdy indeed .It says the are multi speed ,how do i alter the speed ?(please forgive me if im being a numpty but i can't work it out )

If you really have to.............On the magnet body, swap over the connectors .... from distant memory there are 3 slots but only 2 connected