Trail Camera in the UK

Dean k

After seeing the recent article posted here on the trail cam by rabgoat I decided to get a friend visting USA to grab me one at a very cheap price!! I got it set up yesterday where I knew there was Badgers about and hoped for the best.

I am delighted with the outcome and quailty of the shots taken last night, the field also has sheep so took some deleting of 200 odd sheep shots!!

The results are below :lol:

post-9305-1203203601.jpg

Was happy when I saw that I had caught this rabbit, but it got better as the night went on.

post-9305-1203203288.jpg

I got quite a few badger shots with them mating, should they not have done that around christmas :blush:?? Sure I read that somewhere, suppose when you fancy it you don't care what time of year it is :lol: !!

post-9305-1203203312.jpg

Also a very mangey looking fox!!

I have now moved it's location to catch some deer that are about at the moment, will keep any decent pictures coming!! The camera has exceded my expectations already and fully recommend it to anyone nosy :lol:

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rabgoat

great to see a happy man,,dean the pic's are excellent what camera did you get,,,,edit,, :lol: sorry just looked at the pic's properly it's a bushnell aswell :lol:

Edited by rabgoat

Yeah it was the one that your link went to, I guess the same as yours. I have shown another mate who wants one but will have to buy it here, how much did you pay for your's in the end??

The only thing that would have been nice is a temp gauge, not really needed but would have been nice :lol:

I will try and get the pictures slightly bigger in future also :lol:

Guest rabgoat

The pic's are first class dean im on the tennents here my vision's a bit blurry :lol: dean i paid $99 plus $20 post,,buy it from CABELA'S because they give you an option to tick to say it is a gift so you shouldn't pay any more tax with customs :lol: ,,iv'e mine out tonight in the same place as last to see are the fox's as regular as they say they are,,,good luck rab.

Well I did catch a couple of Monty's last night, so another good result.

I am trying to catch some mink on the farm as I know they are there!!

Pictures were not as good last night due to camera suffering to the frost a little in the early hours, there was a few things triggered it that I could not make out :w00t:

post-9305-1203272290.jpg

post-9305-1203272301.jpg

Lets see what tonight brings :good: !!

Dean

Guest rabgoat

dean the pic's are brilliant,how far of the ground have you got yours,,what way do you attach it to post/trees,i put a screw threw the back of mine very quick and handy,,there hard on batteries,i use the rechargable one's and give them a good charge before hand..

SS - This is the link that Rabgoat put on and it's the model I chose very good for the money! EDIT : should add the link hey!!

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/template...requestid=64095

Rabgoat - 2-3 feet depending on how far I am thinking of taking, small area gateway etc lower than if your going for a bigger biew of that makes sense. I am uing the rubbish strap provided and will look at the screw thread idea.

Can't wait in the morning to go and check it, feels like when you have a trap out etc. I would like to put it next to a fox trap or simular to see how much interest you get in the trap even when it is not sprung. There must be loads of times where the fox looks around and nealy in it but then ******* off!!

Dean :good:

Edited by Dean k

SS - Sorry mate they do have a flash, that's why the pictures are colour. The camera is not small either prob 10-12in tall, 7in wide (very approx) so you know its there.

When it takes pictures it does flash, but when on video it does not flash so you could use the video mode for security but it would not get anything in the dark.

Does that make sense :yes:??

Dean

Just ordered a Moutrie 4, about £140 from Cabelas, all paid(Gift), IR flash, was going to get a Bushnell, but SS gave me the idea of it being inconspicuous.

Wiil post again when recieved to give an idea of order to delivery time

Edited by wy111

WY111 - What is the postage for these things?? Can we order magazines etc from the states, or is it just jackets and stuff like that??

Dean

Price $219, delivery $50. Ordered direct from Cabelas, see link on page 1 and click on "Trail cameras". Gives you a lot of choice

Edited by wy111

Well had a close call yesterday, some people walking off the footpath got caught on film!! Luckly they did not see it or ignored it as it was still there today :yes:

It was also effected last night by the frost, I could see what it had taken pictures of mainly Monty's but just not very clear.

I have moved it into the wood for the next few days and see what we get there, below is the nice family enjoying their sunday walk and thankfully not stealing my camera :D

post-9305-1203335020.jpg

Dean