B.A.S.C. (please comment)

lock&load

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had some good help from the BASC. Nothing worth writing home about but better than nothing at all. When my FAC had taken 9 months, I phoned BASC. The next day I had a call from my head of firearms saying the application had been lost. Now, did they just get a push to admit the loss, or did they throw it in the bin because I'd been a pain in the ****? I'll never know, but I do know it only took them another month and my FAC was ready to be picked up. I was happy with that.

£60 isn't a great deal of money these days, maybe two weeks worth of skeet shooting for me. I'm happy to pay it, the insurance is worth that much on its own.

I do see Markbivvys point, I'd expect more myself. Until I'm let down too though, I'll support them.

L&L

In a number of your replies you have made reference to PW members basically making personal attacks on you. Not really my style, but I am about to:

Possession of an SGC and / or FAC carries with it a degree of responsibility, which for my 10 penoth you seem to repeatedly fail to exercise to an adequate level. Had you done your homework and used your loaf you would not have found it necessary to seek out of hours advise.

How hard is it to carry a photocopy of your permission either in the car. bag, or pocket.

Many members on PW will stand on their heads to help other members, but I do feel that a degree of common sense is required for the process to be beneficial.

webber

wot on earth has any of what you have just said got to do with my integratie as a fac or sgc holder and i really do take offence at your implication of this so please do not cast aspurtions to my ethics there is not 1 person who can say they have not left there folder or a slip with that 1 farm on it, you are well out of order i my be new but that crossed the line for me <_<

just becuse i said you should be a polition now whos being mard

Wow, BASC bashing is in full season yet again.

Lets accept that no organisation can satisfy the needs of all of it's members all of the time.

I've had an excellent record with BASC when I've needed it's help. As a result of this BASC is OK with me.

Years ago I thought that BASC catered too much for the snooty game shooting crowd - to me this was reinforced by the 'posh' dress code that they have at game fairs and some of the toffy nosed individuals that they have at their stands. To a northener this stuck up my nose and in my throat.

With years came experience, and there can be little doubt that if BASC did not have such a 'professional' attitude (to some) then they would have less political clout where it matters - to the ignorant mob that we call politicians.

Undoubtedly BASC can get it wrong sometimes - hands up the people on this forum that don't. OK we expect 100% results from an organisation that we pay membership to, but as long as most of the time they get it right then they will keep the membership. We have the misfortune that different police forces wish to interpret the rules on firearm ownership in their own way - hence general advise from BASC may end up being refuted by individual police firearms departments.

Shooters need an organisation to represent them, otherwise we will have our sport reduced to nothing in this politically correct world. At this moment in time BASC does it OK for me.....

Rant over

Don

good post don.

you signed on here at 5.34 if you have read all the 5 pages in 2 minutes well done.

basc bashing, come on.

Summat wrong here Mark

I read all 5 pages and replied over a space of half an hour or so.

I am not here to defend BASC, merely to say that they do a fair job in my opinion. Others may feel different, but most of the people, most of the time agree with me, otherwise they would not keep the members that pay their fees. You pays your money and takes a choice.

Don

L&L

If my comments brought you to your senses all the better. Maybe you should read again some of your comments on this thread.

webber

its not a case of that my friend you oversteped the mark when you said that you dont know me as a person and how i conduct myself in the field i think its a privalige to do what i do so please refrain from being judge jury and exicutioner you dont like it if a person shows backbone you just seem to want people to be afraid of you on here well i am not,think about what you are saying,and people tell me to think befor i engage my mouth <_<

Is there a handbag bashing smiley available? or perhaps a mud wrestling one? that would keep things a little less volcanic over the next few pages of this saga...

Better yet, get the Lord of the Rings guys in to make a series of epics about wanting to ring BASC on a weekend etc and the trials & tribulations therein.

Plenty of raw material in this thread so far <_<

Afterthought: I'm a BASC member for three reasons:

1. Insurance.

2. I want to support my sport.

3. It helps me get my permissions as BASC is recognisable.

I wouldnt ever try and contact them on a weekend though for obvious reasons, that said, I wouldnt regard anyone who tries as a lesser being for doing so :good:

Edited by monkeyjaimz

Is there a handbag bashing smiley available? or perhaps a mud wrestling one? that would keep things a little less volcanic over the next few pages of this saga...

Better yet, get the Lord of the Rings guys in to make a series of epics about wanting to ring BASC on a weekend etc and the trials & tribulations therein.

Plenty of raw material in this thread so far :rolleyes:

now thats funny and a much lighter note :drinks: let the saga continue without the gloves,lol

:stupid:

Well I am well knackered after reading through all that lot.

I would like to say the problem with asking people opinions are -

Not everybody will agree with the reply but everybody's opinions is correct in their eyes, So you will allways get postings going of on one like this has.

Some people love BASC & some dont, everyone who is in an organization that have had some form of problem will not be happy with that organization will they? common sence answers that one for you "MARK" :drinks:

We all have faults. :stupid:

L&L my two peneth is we are all aloud a few days of a week mate. :rolleyes: The funds needed to cover 24/7 would have to be taken from something else so where do we start.

Rich. :lol:

L&L

I believe that I have stated the obvious. Continue to issue the ammo, and I will fire it back if I dont agree with your actions or opinions. If I felt that an apology was appropriate I would do so, unreservedly; but I dont, sorry.

webber

webber the only thing obvious is you aint man enough to appologise,its not whos right and whos wrong,you over stepped the mark and you know it so do others, and as regards to ammo mate you have allready given yourself the biggest spade and you just keep diging and diging and you are sinking lower and lower,i hope your business skills are better than your personal ones.

now if we can just get back to weather we should be able to reach basc on a weekend or not,and leave the personal attacks aside,myself included :rolleyes:

Some people love BASC & some dont, everyone who is in an organization that have had some form of problem will not be happy with that organization will they? common sence answers that one for you "MARK"

dont know why this is aimed at me, i dont have a problem with the organization people chose. i have a problem with people asking questions about the basc and then are set upon by some what can only be described as self opinionated gods.

Some people love BASC & some dont, everyone who is in an organization that have had some form of problem will not be happy with that organization will they? common sence answers that one for you "MARK"

dont know why this is aimed at me, i dont have a problem with the organization people chose. i have a problem with people asking questions about the basc and then are set upon by some what can only be described as self opinionated gods.

Oh no you are a bad man you need to be set upon. :rolleyes::drinks:

Rich. :stupid:

Rich. :lol:

there,s a good few waiting to see that day rich. :stupid::lol::lol: .

Rich. :D

there,s a good few waiting to see that day rich. :lol::lol::lol: .

Sorry mate I had to lighten this one up a bit its getting far too seeeriarse. :lol:

Rich. :stupid: