Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
FANNYRAT

RAT POISON

    Recommended Posts

    We use grain based rat poison at work. I buy a different brand each time I purchase, and ensure that the actual poison ingredient is different from the time previous, thus helping to reduce the chance of immunity. I do however prefer traps.

     

    webber

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    feed them roban jell blocks for a week. then if they survive that feed them grain for another week takes roughly a fortnight to clear .depending on the size of infestation thou

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    The farm i shoot on has a lot of rats they trap as well as poison plus i have killed lots with airrifle/rimfire. they use a granular type poison which is red in colour seems to work as i often find dead ones but still plenty about..

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    one good thing about rats and poison is that rats are canibals so when one dies of poison the one that eats it will also be poisoned.

     

    and half a hour after the rats eat some ''sorex'' they will walk about stonne for a while... which makes easy shooting :angry:

     

    and also sorex is granulated and i keep them in rat boxes.

     

    cheers

     

    Lew

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Do any one of you find that the rat poison you put down becomes immune to them. Is there a preference to either blocks or grain? Comments please......

     

    1 - No as I use the right poison for the right situation.

     

    2 - Blocks are easier in domestic/residential area as they are less easy to drag off and will give an indication as to the infestation.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Its likely that any poison you put down will only form part of the rats diet.

    In this case, it can take at least a fortnight to kill from first dose.

    Dominant rats eat first and die first. The smarter subordinate rats might pick up on what they've been eating and avoid it.

    It pays to ring the changes so that they don't become too used to one type of formulation.

    Sometimes they avoid plastic bait stations and you might do better with wood.

    Dogs and Pigs are much more susceptical to rat poison than humans. make sure you pick up, burn or bury any rats that you kill.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    We use that red wheat poison, havent had any problems with it, apart from it being so expensive. I use tin/wooden bait stations that i have made up. They are suckers for it.

     

    Alex

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now
    Sign in to follow this  

    • Recently Browsing   0 members

      No registered users viewing this page.

    ×