Firearms Department response times

jonno

Just a thought, but there are quite a few posts asking about current response times fo FACs, SGCs, renewals & land checks.

How about a running list of all the forces and the times they are currently running at?

Let's show how well the best forces are doing!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I applied for a .222 in january of last year and finally got it in august but only after i contacted my local MP who is also a shooter,i spoke to him on a thursday and i had my book back that tuesday!The PSNI has handed all processing to civil servants and the last time our BASC man checked 3 out of the 7 people who work in the dept were out on the sick leaving 4 people to cover the whole province.

I have just put my book in for renewal so i reckon it will be christmas before i see it again :stupid:

Got to put a claim in for Essex police as being the fastest, A few years back, I bought a firearm, it was faulty, so I returned it, called in to Chelmsford HQ to ask if there was any way that a new "Authority to purchase" could be speeded up to enable me to buy a replacement, they did it while I waited.

Edited by bob300w

I applied for a .222 in january of last year and finally got it in august but only after i contacted my local MP who is also a shooter,i spoke to him on a thursday and i had my book back that tuesday!The PSNI has handed all processing to civil servants and the last time our BASC man checked 3 out of the 7 people who work in the dept were out on the sick leaving 4 people to cover the whole province.

I have just put my book in for renewal so i reckon it will be christmas before i see it again :stupid:

I put in for a .222 second week of January this year. I reckon I'll have to speak to Jim Shannon as well if I don't have it by the summer. My 22 LR took eighteen weeks. The firearms department now have eight people working for them covering the whole province.

My 1st application for a firearm certificate (many years ago) with south Wales Constabulary took only five days.

Over the years I have had renewals (average 2 weeks) one -for -one variations (about a week) and recently when I asked for a section 1 shotgun to be added to my certificate, it took only 10 days.

My shotgun application 1st time round took about 3-4 Weeks with Devon & cornwall police. I applied for my FAC/Co-Terminous cert's on the 22nd Feb and had the police visit last week and the land has been cleared in the past, So hoping it will be here soon. I'll post up when its here.

west yorkshire police - horsforth,

sorted out sec1 in a matter of weeks.

called them last week and faxed over new permission, got a call 2 days later to arrange a meeting to the land and home visit for new safe that i've installed, coming tomorrow. :good:

can't ask for any better than that, and apparently they are short staffed.

12 weeks in west mercia 2 years ago and my girlfriend has just yesterday sent her application off her first ever Shotgun Cert........... so will keep you posted on that !

One of West Mercia's main problems is they cover such a large area for licensing; I would say they are about in the middle for performance by what members of my family have told me. Staffordshire will take about 3 months to even look at a SGC application; 4-5 months overall to do visits and conclude the paperwork.

mr_colt.