sgc revoked, due to someome grassing

viking

to whoever it was who reported me to the police for a post i made on hear from 5th jan, the main one being a reply from me made at 10.07, the post heading was new 686e today, its about 3 pages down, well thanks to you mate iv had a letter this morning from the police telling me i am having my sgc revoked due to the coments i made, so i hope you are proud of your self, and i also hope your a big enough man to own up and explain why you felt the need to do such a low thing, it would seem (my behaviour falls below the standard anticipated from persons entrusted with firearms,

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

to whoever it was who reported me to the police for a post i made on hear from 5th jan, the main one being a reply from me made at 10.07, the post heading was new 686e today, its about 3 pages down, well thanks to you mate iv had a letter this morning from the police telling me i am having my sgc revoked due to the coments i made, so i hope you are proud of your self, and i also hope your a big enough man to own up and explain why you felt the need to do such a low thing, it would seem (my behaviour falls below the standard anticipated from persons entrusted with firearms,

I find it hard to believe that this will happen, smacks of Big Brother is watching you. How did the police or the person that you are referring to know your identity? I would have thought that "It was not me that posted it" would have been a good defence. What exactly were your comments to provoke such a reaction? If you made death threats, it's understandable, that as you are a gun owner it is being taken seriously, but otherwise, I can't see the how's or why's of it.

there is a link to the post on the reply by garyb 3 one down, the main mention is the one i made on the 2nd march at 10.07, and yes come to think of it how did any one know my identity to be able to report me,

and all you got was a letter saying your SGC has been revoked?

From the information given we know where he bought the gun from, when and what model it was. Adding to that the fact that he will have sent a form in stating what it was / serial no / where purchased.

Not exactly hard for the plod to work out.

Poster was warned not to be saying things like that on an open forum, the forum has pinned notices to this effect. Daft really.

I'll come out and say it which might make me unpopular, but do we need people wanting to "rip off" peoples heads and go round causing criminal damage with firearms having an SGC?

You are supposed to keep your nose clean, can say what you like behind closed doors.

Do bear in mind this is a PUBLIC forum, any member of the public could have reported this post to the authorities and it was most likely an ANTI.

Be careful out there!

That would be this one?

"just had a thought, i would ring him up and tell him if he dosnt give you a full refund you will have a couple of your mates pop up one day for a shoot and **** all his auto traps up and that will cost him alot more than the £100 he is trying to do you out of

lee "

Not too bright to make statements like this on an open forum you must admit, but I cannot see that you can lose your ticket for it.

However, it seems that anything is possible.

IMHO - You may find that someone, with an interest to the shooting ground, has found the link to the shooting ground either with google or similar or again, someone who has an interest with the owner and is a member here and from there it would take minutes to find out who you are by going back through the dealers record and your name will be there.

I presume you will be getting BASC or similar involved ?

and as i know know not to say to much on hear, but i dont remember posting that, maybe it was someone else who hacked into my forum name :good::lol:

Just be careful mate, if they feel they need to they could serve a court order on the site owner to have him reveal IP details for the poster that made the comments. From that they can go to your ISP and confirm you had that IP at the time. From that they can then take whatever action they deem fit.

You don't want to be making this into something it isn't.

im saying **** all, but pin, so your whiter than white are you, even when getting ripped off, i speak my mind and dont let poeple take the **** out off me, but saying this i dont want to get into arguments with every one who posts comments saying im stupid for saying what i said, i now realise what i said was daft and even more so because it has got to the police, (cant believe it) no offence intended, rgds lee

im saying **** all, but pin, so your whiter than white are you, even when getting ripped off, i speak my mind and dont let poeple take the **** out off me, but saying this i dont want to get into arguments with every one who posts comments saying im stupid for saying what i said, i now realise what i said was daft and even more so because it has got to the police, (cant believe it) no offence intended, rgds lee

I believe that Pin is advising that you may wish to reconsider, before you embark on a course of action that adds prejury to your current problem.

That's all cool mate, this is an internet forum and you posted a comment about someone dobbing you in for saying something you shouldn't - because you posted it on a public forum people are commenting on what you have said.

I was trying to tell you that pretending it wasn't you that made the comments, AGAIN, on an open forum isn't clever. Do you not think the cops will be monitoring what you say? If the person who grassed you up did it once, do you not think they might forward on to the cops the rest of what you have said?

I keep my nose clean, I am no saint mate but I see my SCG/FAC as reward for having kept and continuing to keep my nose clean. Most ordinary people when they are ripped off tend to try and stay within the law to be recompensed, rather than threatening to rip peoples heads off and shoot their property.

After reading both threads this whole thing smells of what male cows deposit on the floor.

Firstly If the police revoke your certificate knowing you own a gun, then they will come knocking on your door and confiscate it. By revoking your SGC and leaving you with a gun is illegal. You are now the proud owner of an illegally held firearm.

Secondly it is not 1984 and I am sure that big brother has plenty to do making societies dregs into celebrities on Channel 4.

Personnally I wouldn't let you anywhere near firearms with your attitude and you have just lost all respect by posting your little rant on here.

You should be speaking to your FEO and BASC about your certificate.

If I had seen your post about ripping someones head off and shooting their traps I would have reported you myself.

THe word NUMPTY springs to mind

trevor, what is ment by i should look closer to home, do you never say anything in jest or the heat of the moment, dosnt make me some kind of syco, i wouldnt actually of "ripped" anyones head off, or shot anything i shouldnt of, and i also know it was wrong to say what i said, and even more wrong to post it on an open forum,

Problem is you did the thinking after you did it, which when you factor gun ownership into the equation is completely the wrong way round.

Heat of the moment, um, the whole point is you are meant to be a level headed person to be entrusted with a firearm.

Edited by pin

Viking

Oh dear, it does look like you overstepped the mark, especially by making such threats and insinuations against a named person or business.

Remember that the forum is open to the public, and anyone can read what you have written, even plod. They need not necessarily have been tipped off, you did quite a good job yourself.

If you value your SGC, a decent solicitor may just be able to save it, but I would not hold my breath or count the pennies.

Looks like you broke the rules, and are now about to pay the price.

webber

martin, you are entitled to your opinion and thanks for your coments, but no need for name calling,as i see name calling on a forum as cowardly, now im not going to go on anymore as i dont want everyone to think im a idiot or some kind of syco, but as far as you go you can kiss my *****

Fair enough you are entitled to your opinion as I am mine.

As stated in my post the whole thing stinks and to my mind is a complete load of fiction caused by an overactive imagination.

You will NOT be allowed to hold on to a gun if you have just had your certificate revoked, period, end of story. The first you would have known about it would have been the boys in blue knocking on your door to take away your guns.

You other post this morning says about how well you are shooting with a side by side. Yet you have just had your certificate revoked.

If my certificate had just been revoked I wouldn't be sitting on a computer whinging about it I would be actively trying to find out what I could do to get it back.

Mind you I wouldn't be stupid enough to post what you did on an open forum.

I am not a coward by any means, but you sir are an idiot

Edited by martincavie