• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Something is wrong here!

I dont know too much about legalities of sgc's nor do I know much about fac's. What I do know is, I wouldnt write about revenge over a bad deal on here or any forum, nor would I have a conversation about it in public.

I have had my sgc for a year now and all I can say is everything is, and will remain hunkey dorey, because I am responsible and follow the rules laid down in the application of the sgc.

Waffling wench

Sarah

Revocations and Cancellations

10.53 A firearm certificate may be revoked

by the chief officer of police for the area in

which the holder resides, on the grounds

specified in section 30(A)(2) of the 1968 Act

(as amended). The Courts also have the

power under section 52(1) of the 1968 Act

to cancel certificates. Forces must give

reasons for their decision to revoke a firearm

certificate. Section 30(A)(6) of the 1968 Act

(as amended) provides a right of appeal

against the decision to revoke.

10.54 When chief officers of police revoke

certificates they must send the holder a notice

in writing requiring them either to:

a) surrender their certificate within 21 days of

the date of the notice (or the date of the

abandonment or dismissal of the appeal

against revocation); or where the chief

officer considers that the circumstances

of the case justify it,

surrender forthwith their certificate and any

firearms or ammunition in their possession

by virtue of the

Edited by markbivvy

for someone on here to have found his address and gone to the effort to forge a letter seems very far fetched.

I'm still thinking Troll

If you were the owner / associated with the shop in some way (the one the alleged faulty gun was allegedly purchased from) then finding out the address would be trivial...

Edited by pin

This just gets better and better, someone will come up with the Dodi/Diana conspiracy next.

First we had illegally held firearms which the police are allowing. now we have forged letters from the police revoking a SGC.

Surely if any normal sane person received a letter from the police saying their SGC is going to be revoked then that said person would pick up the phone and call their local firearms team.

The said firearms team would then deny that they sent the letter as it is undoubtedly a forgery. Unless of course the entire firearms department of Vikings police forse are in on the conspiracy.

Or

The whole thing is BS as I said earlier and Viking needs to get out of nappies and start living in the real world.

But then hey,

It's all good fun.

And there hasn't been this many people reading a thread for ages.

Send him to PW2 they could do with some help

Edited by martincavie

Revocations and Cancellations

10.53 A firearm certificate may be revoked

by the chief officer of police for the area in

which the holder resides, on the grounds

specified in section 30(A)(2) of the 1968 Act

(as amended). The Courts also have the

power under section 52(1) of the 1968 Act

to cancel certificates. Forces must give

reasons for their decision to revoke a firearm

certificate. Section 30(A)(6) of the 1968 Act

(as amended) provides a right of appeal

against the decision to revoke.

10.54 When chief officers of police revoke

certificates they must send the holder a notice

in writing requiring them either to:

a) surrender their certificate within 21 days of

the date of the notice (or the date of the

abandonment or dismissal of the appeal

against revocation); or where the chief

officer considers that the circumstances

of the case justify it,

surrender forthwith their certificate and any

firearms or ammunition in their possession

by virtue of the

From that post it seems that he may well have had a letter from the police requiering him to hand his SGC and any weapons held, in at the same time.

TC

were that the case it wouldn't be due to a random post on the internet that would need to be substantiated that it was actually him that posted it.

Maybe he has had a letter. But I also doubt it has to do with the posts made on this forum.

Quite possibly he has been a little economic with the truth, either through omission or just downright deceit?

TC

i cant believe some of you think im making it up, can those that do give me your reasons as to why on earth i would do so,

hear is what the letter says, believe it or not

dear mr xxxxxxx

re firearms act 1968-1997

the chief officer of police has the responsibility under the above actto satisfy himself that a person can be permitted to possess a shotgun without danger to the public safty or to the peace

i am therefore concerned to have information brought to my attention that would indicate malicious intentagainst the property of kelbrook shooting lodge, i have been made aware of internet forum postings reported to have been posted by you.especially that of 10.07pm on 7 october ( wrong date) which appeared to encourage criminal damage. i am very concerned that your behaviour falls below the standard anticipated from persons entrusted with fire arms, therefor i intend to request that the chief officer of police revokes your shotgun certifcate.

yours sincerely

from what i can make out form a post above you can be informed of a revoke, :good::lol::)

If the letter is genuine, I will plait sawdust, whilst juggling soot. It is vague, factually incorrect and the grammar is truly awful. Either you are winding the Forum up, or someone is winding you up, in my opinion. If you genuinely believe it to be genuine, you would have phoned the Firearms section by now. If you have, what did they say? If not, why not?

martine mate, you need to wipe your mouth after you have had a **** or as is it all just dribbles out, get out of nappies, im 38 mate, i stopped wearing nappies 2 years ago :good: like i said why on earth would i make it up, nothing is to be gained, and the fact it could be a wind up never even entred my mind untill some one on hear mentioned it, i have rang the flo but no answer so i left a msg, i can only prey to god it is a wind up, but none of my mates shoot so it cant be anyone i know, and as for whoever mentioned about my post history, i dont know what your on about, i dint get a gun before i got my sgc, and whats strange about finding an old shotgun in my dads loft that had been there for about 30 years, why are you making out im some sort of lieing freak who has got nothing better to do than post stupid posts, iv never done it before, all my posts have been genuine querys, so i will thank you not to make slurs on my good mane,and what the **** is a troll

That is not a letter from the police. That is from the owner who's property you incited someone to damage. Informing you that he intends to complain to the police.

TC

Agreed - it's someone from Kelbrook trying to put the frightners on you. It's not a revokation of your SGC. Who is it signed by, is it on headed paper etc? I bet it's not on headed paper from your local police force or signed by the chief constable of that area...

Edited by Cushat

i cant believe some of you think im making it up, can those that do give me your reasons as to why on earth i would do so,

hear is what the letter says, believe it or not

dear mr xxxxxxx

re firearms act 1968-1997

the chief officer of police has the responsibility under the above actto satisfy himself that a person can be permitted to possess a shotgun without danger to the public safty or to the peace

i am therefore concerned to have information brought to my attention that would indicate malicious intentagainst the property of kelbrook shooting lodge, i have been made aware of internet forum postings reported to have been posted by you.especially that of 10.07pm on 7 october ( wrong date) which appeared to encourage criminal damage. i am very concerned that your behaviour falls below the standard anticipated from persons entrusted with fire arms, therefor i intend to request that the chief officer of police revokes your shotgun certifcate.

yours sincerely

from what i can make out form a post above you can be informed of a revoke, :good::lol::)

who ever its from, its not the old bill.

it is on police headed paper though, i do hope its a wind up, and a sick one at that, it seems like everyone is trying to wind me up today, im still waiting for the non belivers to offer an explanation as to why i would make this up,

Viking, for someone who regrets making a very stupid post, you seem bent on making more. Your original post was stupid beyond belief. You might have meant it as a joke, you might not. Whichever way you look at it your judgement is lacking.

someone is winding you,as to why you might not be believed,

you have posted some pretty weired events.

but from talking to a lot of members on here, being reported to the firearms department for comments posted on forums is not uncommon.

if you have got away with it this time , you may consider yourself lucky.