goose and duck plucking

jimdfish

I am going out for the geese and the dux on the first day of the season and I need to know how to dress the birds I get. Do I hang them? and how do I gut them?

And before anyone says anything I will get some, loads in fact Oh yes there will be wildfowl a plenty in the fish household this Sept 1st. Any info?

jimDfish

LB

I am afraid its an early shower for you as well me lad. OFF.

I thought this was a sensible forum with people who had balanced and sensible opinions based on years of experience, gained in the field and passed down from father to son in the tradition of hunting folk worldwide. I am now seriously having to reconsider this evaluation of mine. I am going to subscribe to the readers digest forum and you will all be sorry when I am gone. I would heartily recommend not making any posts contradicting the above statement as I will know that it is fear and panic speaking and not your true feelings, which even now are threatening to overwhelm you while thinking of your impending loss. I will give you one more chance as it is a better thing i do for this forum than has been done unto me.

jimDfish

P.S dont even think about it

Some people prefer to hang them for up to a week but I like to do them within a couple of days, birds shot on a morning flight will hang longer than those shot on an evening because they have empty guts and aren't full of greens that tend to go off quick. At the start of the season the weather is still quite warm, :yp: , so I'd do them the next day.

You gut them the same way you would any other bird.

Mark.

I thought this was a sensible forum with people who had balanced and sensible opinions based on years of experience, gained in the field and passed down from father to son in the tradition of hunting folk worldwide.

Ah, such a poor deluded soul! :yp: