Sako Quad Varmint

n8ess

Hi There,

Any rifle shooters out there? just bought myself a Sako Quad Varmint with 17/22 barrels, fitted with a schmidt & Bender 4-12x42, this is a fantastic piece of kit, I have only shot the 17 hmr barrel at the moment with excellent results, the first outing with the local farmer driving, resulted in 43 dead bunnies, he was over the moon which is always a good result. The accuracy of this rifle compared to my .22 cz was unbeliveable, my local bunnie population was getting a bit twitchy towards the lamp with everything scattering as soon as they heard the vehicle.

The beauty with this rifle and calibre is the distance you can consistantly achieve the shot, most of the shots were 100-150 yards out, generally where the bunnies had stopped and felt safe with the .22.

I have read that a few people have had problems with extracting live rounds especially in .22 calibre, some have indicated certain make to be worst then others, I would appreciate anybodys comments on this.

Thanks

N8ESS

• 4 years later...