sea fishing

digger

i went shore fishing for the first time last night,mostly because it was way too light for lamping. :oops:

my mate who i went with has been doing it for years and showed me rigs,casting techniques etc.we fished the tide on its way in (11pm) and packed up at half three.

safe to say that im hooked,although i caught only four fish and nothing bigger than a pound and a half sole.he blanked but that is down to me,i dont mind putting squid on but those big worms with teeth ? they are No2 on the list after spiders ! :*)

would say where i went but saw some match "fishermen" kill all they caught and after weigh in throw most of it in the sea. :D

a 1 1/2 lb sole thats a nice size!You want to worry more about getting the blood from the worms in a cut than it bitting you,thats a lot more painfull.Im of for a long weekend in 2 weeks down in eastbourne quite a few sole,bass and smoothhounds being caught at the minute(untill i get down there then there wont be nothing) :lol: