Yet another how did we get on today thread..........

Evil Elvis

:lol: Just did big Als with the Essex Mafiosa. I usually blame my **** shooting on lack of sleep and Mungler was ready for that one, after telling him I didnt get to bed until 3am. However, i thought my first round was rubbish, LV was getting twitchy about me stealing his pink hat...well, i pulled my act together and did 41 ex then had another orund and did 45 ex 50....so no hat hahahahahahhahahahahahah!!!!

So i cant use tiredness as an excuse anymore!!!!

Whats more they had some yellow clays and Im glad to report i can see those ******* and smashed em all!!!!! :no::yes:

Only one clay behiind the mighty Mungler!!!! :lol:

Edited by Evil Elvis

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did rather well this morning managing to tile my entire kitchen floor without swearing to loudly and even managed a trip to B & Q without losing my rag.

No shooting this weekend at all for me :no::yes::lol: :lol:

Yars, I got myself off to shoot a Sporting Welsh selection shoot at Llandegla, which is a few miles over the top of the fearsome Horse shoe pass. on my arrival I got out of my horse less carriage and staggerd into the swish new clubhouse,!.... Hellow!!!you old ****was the wellcoming remarks of a few of my old mates, or still alive then??.. Heard you was dead!!!Hhhm, nice to have mates!!, first shock on signing in was the words of a young girl taking the entry fees, Yes thank you, that will be £44.00 !!!......Are you new at this then I asked? well not really was the reply, I have worked here for 3 years but this is the first time I have done this job!!""No problem said I, wishing for a Kestrel Super to calm my jangled nerves could you find out what is the correct entry fee??off she scurried, to return a few moments later,... sorry, its £29.00 birds only! I paid up and after having a Bacon Buttie,£2.80, ( without the Butter) and a cup of tea,70pence?? I sallied forth with a guy who had travelled down from Wigan,..... in between the heavy Hail storm and shooting allmost half the stands into the Sun, I managed to straight 3, 8 bird stands and have a 2x8 into the sun on one difficult stand.!... I and others were dissapointed that more than 40% of the stands had loopers on, which I can shoot Ok but is boring!!..... The real killer of incompetence was I found, that our scorecards were not numbered, which meant the markers at each stand had to right down each competitors name at each stand!! which was of course unnessasary if the person taking the entries had done their job,!! I finished on a crappy 74X100 . and the funny thing was the high winds and inclement weather stopped as I and other early shooters were leaving the ground!!!.OH ******** I exclaimed as I drove down the exit Road!! :yes:

Had the third round of the NSW clayshoot today and met up with Funky who has recently joined our ranks as well as PW. Starlight32 was also there and with the usual banter flying the clays got under way. Day started ok with the weather being kind until the first person went to shoot and the heavens opened up with the white stuff.

Had a mediocre round 29 ex 40 today, good enough for 3rd but really should have been better by at least another eight, first stand simple quartering away bird but kept shooting over it all the time. Last stand was a nice easy one incoming floater O/R.

I believe Funky took some pics of the events so hopefully he'll get these on here later.

SS :hmm:

Yars, I got myself off to shoot a Sporting Welsh selection shoot at Llandegla, which is a few miles over the top of the fearsome Horse shoe pass. on my arrival I got out of my horse less carriage and staggerd into the swish new clubhouse,!.... Hellow!!!you old ****was the wellcoming remarks of a few of my old mates, or still alive then??.. Heard you was dead!!!Hhhm, nice to have mates!!, first shock on signing in was the words of a young girl taking the entry fees, Yes thank you, that will be £44.00 !!!......Are you new at this then I asked? well not really was the reply, I have worked here for 3 years but this is the first time I have done this job!!""No problem said I, wishing for a Kestrel Super to calm my jangled nerves could you find out what is the correct entry fee??off she scurried, to return a few moments later,... sorry, its £29.00 birds only! I paid up and after having a Bacon Buttie,£2.80, ( without the Butter) and a cup of tea,70pence?? I sallied forth with a guy who had travelled down from Wigan,..... in between the heavy Hail storm and shooting allmost half the stands into the Sun, I managed to straight 3, 8 bird stands and have a 2x8 into the sun on one difficult stand.!... I and others were dissapointed that more than 40% of the stands had loopers on, which I can shoot Ok but is boring!!..... The real killer of incompetence was I found, that our scorecards were not numbered, which meant the markers at each stand had to right down each competitors name at each stand!! which was of course unnessasary if the person taking the entries had done their job,!! I finished on a crappy 74X100 . and the funny thing was the high winds and inclement weather stopped as I and other early shooters were leaving the ground!!!.OH ******** I exclaimed as I drove down the exit Road!! :hmm:

Ron only 20 mins from me if i new you were there i would of followed you round , just to make you look good :hmm:

Having been unable to get down to Manchester yesterday, I braved the weather at Bywell for 100 skeet today. Quite possibly the worst weather I have ever shot in - absolute horizontal, gale force winds and snow. Couldn't feel my hands when I finished. Managed to scrape a 94 :hmm: but given the conditions, I will live with that! :hmm:

Having been unable to get down to Manchester yesterday, I braved the weather at Bywell for 100 skeet today. Quite possibly the worst weather I have ever shot in - absolute horizontal, gale force winds and snow. Couldn't feel my hands when I finished. Managed to scrape a 94 :hmm: but given the conditions, I will live with that! :hmm:

Hiya Paul, thats an average of 23.5 per 25 clays shot!! well done Bud, in them conditions . I bet you were not far off high Gun!. :hmm:

Popped down to JJs, they only shot over six stands today as they had a flush on the 1st.

Missed all the driven midi's which I usually hit :good:

Came away with a trophy, problem was it was Bazza's he'd won a few weeks ago. Avoided the downpour though :D

I did a 31/40 tonight at my local, missed a few silly ones, hit a few hard ones. Tried Gamebore competition steel out tonight for the first time.

It does the job well and very soft on the shoulder. I shot the entire round with it and didn't really notice any difference, killing a distant battue well. At £105 a 1000 you can't go wrong

I also have loaded some special fibre wads cartridges for sunday, tried a few tonight and they certainly hit hard. If the wads were different colours though it would look like a wedding.

• 2 weeks later...

30ex50 today at Tendering shoot. Not a great score in its own right but i was joint 2nd with 1st place being terry (as normal) with a 31. All things being relative i was happy. However, (he digresses in true EvilElvis & SuffolkShooter stylie) there was one stand that was two easy birds but presented as a pair, they crossed each other at the vital moment and my fragile egg shell mind couldn't cope with that and i dropped 5. Had i hit them i would have been king of the castle and all the rest the dirty rascals... the ****s.

EDIT, i just raelised, i wasn't joint 2nd overall (that woudl be madness!), it was within our group.

Edited by Markio

Markio, what are you trying to say about myself and EE :rolleyes:

Any hoo, I had a great day scoring a 44 ex 50 at Wattisham, which is my highest score there, and managed to take my daughter along for a play around with the W&S bolt action .410 which was even better.

This was followed up with a house warming party round my missus relatives where I took along the pigeon breasts from this weeks birds and shared them out along with a couple of rabbit portions and some fresh venison/chilli sausages.

Life doesn't get any better, does it.

SS

fresh venison/chilli sausages.

Life doesn't get any better, does it.

SS

They sound a bit nice :rolleyes::blush: :blink:

They are rather special. A friend of mine is a deer stalker and so he makes them himself along with Red wine and Cranberries ones, plain (Herbs) and Chilli PLUS (Alot of Chilli), plus he does burgers and the usual joints, haunches, shoulders, saddles, stew/cassoraole chunks etc. I know MC has had them and likes them as I believe has ferretboy111 and Farmerguy.22. :no:;) :(

SS

Markio, what are you trying to say about myself and EE :blush:

:blink: Yes markio.....just exactly what are you saying............ :no:

:rolleyes:;) Nothing to see ere, move along...

:( :lol::P:wub::lol::lol: :yp:

Maybe it's the alcohol but i've got a big grin on, chuckle chuckle. :)