Yet another how did we get on today thread..........

Evil Elvis

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I shot like a ****** again.

Took out the SBS to see if I could inject some fun back into it.

Only fun was the SBS firing both barrels off in one go - very loud bank followed by sore shoulder.

Pump action next week.

Your mind was clearly elsewhere. I think you were wishing you'd gone metal detecting with LV again. :good:

Do you lie awake at night thinking about huge caches of Roman coins and ring pulls? :hmm:

:good:

Edited by Chard

I shot like a ****** again.

Took out the SBS to see if I could inject some fun back into it.

Only fun was the SBS firing both barrels off in one go - very loud bank followed by sore shoulder.

Pump action next week.

Your mind was clearly elsewhere. I think you were wishing you'd gone metal detecting with LV again. :good:

Do you lie awake at night thinking about huge caches of Roman coins and ring pulls? :hmm:

:good:

I don't think that you are taking metal detecting as seriously as you could, do you realise the rarity of a roman ring pull? They were usually caused by an overly tight toga and a bit of perspiration.

Hi Paulos,

Hope you did ok yesterday when I saw you, a few tricky stands but thats hodnet for you. To late for the shoot off today because i went to another shoot but if your going to kegworth on the 26th then I will be there. by the way Hodnet will be holding a re-run of the shoot on the sat if any of the lads who shot with at northampton want two go then I will be there.

I did the English Open at West Midlands SG yesterday, it was (as always) a very good shoot, nothing too far away, but some birds needed a heck of a lot more than they appeared, so many potential hotshots came a cropper.

I missed one on the first stand, then a couple on a very tricky long Teal / Crow combination, but I only actually mis-read one bird on the layout, which was a fast orange bird coming down the cliff face towards you, I never touched one of them. <_<

I also missed 3 on a tricky white L/R incoming dropper, followed by a fast L/R looping orange, I watched several good shots blank that stand.

I finished on a pretty poor 83, I know quite a few Forum members shot it, Emmsy was on my squad, he didn't shoot to his potential, Paulos was on the squad behind me, he started like a train, but had a few doomers later on, bumped into Ron, (berettaman1), he was shooting OK and really enjoying it, also beretta came out of retirement to shoot earlier in the week, (hopefully minus those yellow check trousers??) and did a very good 85.

Jonsey also shot earlier in the week with her new Perazzi, I think she's doing well in the Ladies class.

I felt a bit sorry for Rob Wise, who was on my squad, he missed 4 on the long Teal / Crow stand, but still finished on a 92. :lol:

Young Richard Faulds is shooting today, he has to beat a 95, which was shot yesterday by Paul Lovick, if anybody can do it, he can.

Cat.

yup, good shoot shame i didnt get to grips with it.

it wanted fairly deliberate shooting from what i could make of it, something im not too good at.

my only consellation was winning the pool shoot but that wasnt much of a payout.

good to meet you at last mr Cat.

Just got back from Copfurn with Mung & Dan.

Scores out of 80 -

50 - LV

46 - Mung

41 - Dan

I picked up a trophy for 2nd place on the same shoot two weeks ago. <_<

Well done that man, gonna keep that Blazer now?

No, the Blaser is going. That was with the Synthetic Beretta Ulrika I bought. I am loving the new gun. It is lovely. (I got a refund on the Extrema too - result)

Edited by LV

we finaly got out the weekend, first shoot this year :rolleyes: , Edmonton Oilmens, had a squad in from our company 5 man team, one of whom hasent shot for a long time, he did pretty good shooting 116 x 200, our squad came 5th out of 35 squads, personaly i shot 183 x 200 for HOA, not a bad day good weather good friends good shooting and good food to follow, surf and turf, a few tough stations but shootable, i tend to spend to much time helping others do better, really thats the name of the game though, making sure all have fun.

Martin

my third time at the clays today, i've had an intro, an hours lesson and today was my first proper 100 bird practice. i missed a few easy ones that i should have had, but i got quite a few difficult ones too so im quite happy. all in all i hit 55/100 which i think is ok. can't wait to get back down there next week but it looks like they may be closing soon as they are owned by litts and there where lots of men in suites walking around taking pics an mesuring stuff. hopfully they'll keep it as a clay ground or i'll need somewhere else to shoot :hmm:

Edited by Taff Mason

:blink: just got back from a vert wet Big Als.....managed a 42 and 39 ex 50, came second behind Mungler as usual first round, he went home and i won the second round!!!

Stra of the day was 2 dudes i work with, from now on Known as MrCrickett and Doodar. MrCrickett had shot before as a youngster with his dad, and obviously didnt forget the lesson, hae managed a 36 and a 33, a natural shot, should watch out for this one!!!! Doodar on the other hand, he couldnt get the gun mount right in the irst round and hit 7 ex 50, not becoming despondant we worked on his gun mount in round 2 and he cracked it, hitting 21 ex 50 trebling his first score.

Both of the ******* won trophies....first attempt....eh? eh? :blink:

I would like to clarify that my score with my dirty Mossberg Pump was 46/50 (although it should have been 47 but the trapper didn't see that the rabbit that I shot whilst it still rolled away it was shaped like a propeller from where I shot it... but enough on that).

:good: just got back from a very wet Big Als.....managed a 42 and 39 ex 50, came second behind Mungler as usual first round, he went home and i won the second round!!!

Is it a clarinet ?

Is it an oboe ?

No it's EE blowing his own trumpet ! :good::good::yes::yes:

We "spooned" over the phone today, EE recognised me as the better clay shooter and all is well :good:

:blush::good: Will you stop having those daydream like fantasies about me dude!!! You have beaten me once in 6 months, by 1 clay, you have challenged me to shoot off, which i won....you are MY BITCH!!!!! :good:

Went to the Member's competition evening last night at Lowes Lane...

On the practice skeet the old man got his first 25 straight. Spud got 25 on the same round so a shootoff from stand 8 was declared with Pops beating Spud by one.

The comp wasn't too bad and everyone faired reasonably well and I came away with the pot from the 'Annie Oakley' (I put it down to my lucky hat). Not sure what to spend the £9 on though - perhaps a yacht.

All in all, a good evening!

Got a 40ex50 today which i was happy with as it's level my previous personal best. The kicker is that i fluffed the last stand with a 3ex8 so you can't help thinking it could be more! :hmm: That old chestnut. :hmm:

Thought i'd walk all 10 meters to the pub next door for a broadside, now sitting here chilling out with an few or more Exports, bottle of red with my chilli later so it should be a good night, well for me anyway, the rest of you are ******! :no:

78/100 for me today at Worsley :hmm:

The wind made a couple of the targets almost unhittable by keeping them lower in the sky and not clearing the tree line properly. You had to whack them in a split second as they flew through a gap in the trees :hmm::no: :o . A lot of people were leaving them and saying they were unhittable. They weren't unhittable but they didn't do much for the scorecard.

The ****'s hit the fan over the Northern England Selection Shoot in April or whenever it was :o

Whingeing letter from the CPSA, but I don't think the ground gives a flying ****

Interestingly the main gripe from the prima donnas has obviously been dismissed, that we were shooting the course when we weren't in the selection shoot. I had repeatedly asked the whiners which rule that is supposed to have infringed and strangely I couldn't get a reply (i.e. no rules were infringed). The CPSA don't mention it in their letter. It just goes to show the lengths that an elitist whinger will go to to excuse themselves a duff score :(

Got a 40ex50 today which i was happy with as it's level my previous personal best. The kicker is that i fluffed the last stand with a 3ex8 so you can't help thinking it could be more! :hmm: That old chestnut. :hmm:

Thought i'd walk all 10 meters to the pub next door for a broadside, now sitting here chilling out with an few or more Exports, bottle of red with my chilli later so it should be a good night, well for me anyway, the rest of you are ******! :no:

Blimey Markio what happened?

They must have been easy :o :o :( :good:

Crikey, you all sound bloomin useful compared to my modest beginners efforts! :no:

I went to Blackpool Gun Club today and missed loads! :hmm: On my previous few outings I thought I was getting somewhere, but today was tough. Quite humbling really.

After we finished I spotted a CPSA Coach and got his card! :hmm: