Yet another how did we get on today thread..........

Evil Elvis

Scores on the doors from JJs this morning.....1st round.

Mungler 73 ex 84

Tosspot 73

Bagsy 70

Broken Man 65

Mrs Broken Man 55 (almost catching the hubby!)

Shame LV couldn't make it, he was kicking butt last week :good:

I came away as they headed out for a second round (Tosspot taking his .410 out to play :good: ).

It is always the weeks that I do well (which aint often) that the scores never get posted :yes:

Good shooting today troops.

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is always the weeks that I do well (which aint often) that the scores never get posted :yes:

I only knew our scores otherwise I'd have stuck 'em up, you were on fire :good:

Just had a call from John at JJs. Seems our very own Mr Pot walked away with a slab today.

Very well done indeed Sir :good:

Shot the Yorkshire All-Round Championship today at Rufforth. It went rather well, ending up winning my class and finishing as joint runner up with a 92ex100. Shot DTL - 23/25, ABT - 23/25, ESK - 25/25 and ESP - 21/25. A county title will have to be another day though sadly :unsure:

Shot the Yorkshire All-Round Championship today at Rufforth. It went rather well, ending up winning my class and finishing as joint runner up with a 92ex100. Shot DTL - 23/25, ABT - 23/25, ESK - 25/25 and ESP - 21/25. A county title will have to be another day though sadly :unsure:

:blush: :blink: :oops: Nice one Paulos, you must feel deservedly chuffed

Good results from JJ's. Nicely done chaps.

I continued with the poor form for a 50/70 at Shrove Hill. Got there late, by then the birds on the two stands at the far end were virtually unshootable as they were direct into the afternoon sun. Even with two pairs of shades on.

That's awesome!! :unsure: :blush:

Shrove Hill put on some surprisingly testing birds this week on a few of the stands. :P

They ruined my result completely. :hmm::P I was on all 10/10 and 9/10 until a couple of 4/10. [wankergif]

If there were only a couple of 4/10's then it must have still finished a fairly respectable score?? :P

I had a refreshing weekend off from comps this week (skint) so went down the local club for a bit of practice :P Shot a 45/50 on the sporting and a 25 straight on the skeet...which was nice :oops:

Edited by paulos

If there were only a couple of 4/10's then it must have still finished a fairly respectable score?? :hmm:

I had a refreshing weekend off from comps this week (skint) so went down the local club for a bit of practice :oops: Shot a 45/50 on the sporting and a 25 straight on the skeet...which was nice :lol:

Dropping 12 in only two stands, plus a few elsewhere doesn't produce a good result. 53/70

A good result is 60+ at Shrove Hill.

Now, your result is what I'd class as GOOD ! 90% and 100% :hmm:

Was going amazingly well at Copfurn before the crying of my two partners got the better of me and so we all quit. They were moaning that it was cold, but I spent the first 30 mins there in my t-shirt. I put the jacket on once it started raining.

Shot the first 5 stands and ended up on 39/40.

Edited by Peter De La Mare

Was going amazingly well at Copfurn before the crying of my two partners got the better of me and so we all quit. They were moaning that it was cold, but I spent the first 30 mins there in my t-shirt. I put the jacket on once it started raining.

Shot the first 5 stands and ended up on 39/40.

Well 'ard :rolleyes:

Couldn't get out today, nowt to do with the weather but wasn't too depressed when the rain came!

Edited by Bagsy

Don't be disheartened by shooting a low score at Southdown, you're in good company, every member of this forum that has shot there has had the odd duff score, it's a very unforgiving ground, too much "sky" around every target. :rolleyes:

If you can shoot a good score at Southdown, you'll shoot well anywhere.

I went up to shoot a 100 bird reg Sporting at Kegworth today, I don't think I've ever seen a shooting ground so empty, I doubt whether he'd had more than about 20 entries by the time I left the ground at 12.30.

The ground owner was so concerned he drove to nearby Grange Farm to see how many people were there, as they were also running a 100 birder, by 12 noon they'd only had about 30 entries. :P

Still, there's plenty of deals to be had on let driven pheasant days, apparently prices are down from £32 - £35 per bird last season to £22 - £25 per bird.

Cat.

I went up to shoot a 100 bird reg Sporting at Kegworth today, I don't think I've ever seen a shooting ground so empty, I doubt whether he'd had more than about 20 entries by the time I left the ground at 12.30.

The ground owner was so concerned he drove to nearby Grange Farm to see how many people were there, as they were also running a 100 birder, by 12 noon they'd only had about 30 entries. :rolleyes:

Cat.

Funny you should say that Cat.

I shot a 100 bird registered punch-up at Catton Hall in Cheshire this morning with 3 of my cronies. We all remarked that we'd never seen it so quiet at Catton.

We couldn't decide whether it was the weather (which was hideous, with horizontal rain, sleet and hail) or a bit of credit crunch starting to bite :P

Edited by Chard

**** :good:

50/70 Shrove Hill.

There were a couple of very testing stands this week. One stand was a sim quartering pair, 30 yards to your right, at around 400mph disappearing over a big mountain of earth, the paths varying quite a lot. Only got 5 of those, and then a 4 yard bunny, 10 feet below you, where all I did was blast great big divots out of the ground. 3/10 :good:

Edited by Peter De La Mare

Shot a 100 Reg Sporting at Doveridge today, was a fantastic shoot - and very busy also with over 200 entries. Started like a plank and dropped 11 over my first 3 stands :good: From then on I was playing damage limitation. Dropped a further 9 over the remaining 11 stands to finish on 80, which I was pleased with. :good:

Anyone fancy shooting the next one on 28th Dec?