Yet another how did we get on today thread..........

Evil Elvis

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The real question is did Bagsy get lost on his way home as he followed me to the A133 but was last seen shooting off towards Clacton, perhaps he fancied a stick of rock :rolleyes:

;) I fancied a trip out here.........

That looks fun, but the real high spot of this part of the coast is here, see the actual video of the millenium fireworks display, awesome viewing;

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=yLE6TjrlPKo

I shot appallingly badly at JJ's today. 54/84. Shot the first stand straight, then a pair of 8s then then **** after that. :angry:

Going to try the 100 registered at A1 on Saturday, for the experience.

Peter, that's pretty good for JJ's on competition day. I find it quite hard to keep the concentration levels going over 12 shots per stand.

Just checked the results for today and noticed that our very own Broken Man came 2nd in C Class - bigtrophytastic.

I shot appallingly badly at JJ's today. 54/84. Shot the first stand straight, then a pair of 8s then then **** after that. :angry:

Peter, that's pretty good for JJ's on competition day. I find it quite hard to keep the concentration levels going over 12 shots per stand.

Just checked the results for today and noticed that our very own Broken Man came 2nd in C Class - bigtrophytastic.

My goodness, if 54 ex 84 is "pretty good" then it must be a bloody hard shoot..!! :lol:

I did a 71 ex 111 on Woodies over laid barley today, in between dodging the showers. :blink:

Cat.

My goodness, if 54 ex 84 is "pretty good" then it must be a bloody hard shoot..!! :lol:

I did a 71 ex 111 on Woodies over laid barley today, in between dodging the showers. :blink:

Cat.

It's about 64% innit. We're talking C Class here Cat :o not you AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA boys :D

I'm lucky to get into the 70's on a registered shoot, I have to say. Although having said that, I don't know whether JJ's Compo day counts as registered or not :lol:

How did he manage that when he was at Copthorn? :angry:

That had crossed my mind :blink:

He must like those long crossers - the VERY long ones :lol:

NO NO you foolish people....

I went over to JJ's after Copfurn as we finished early... Last entries there 2pm

Snuck in a 2nd...hahhahahaahahaha :yes:

Lucky I had my van to carry the trophy away....

Does the trophy look like the Holy Grail? You'll be collecting a full set in the back of that van - crucified Holy chaps and Holy Grails B)

Bless you, my son. Can you change Dartford ditch water into lager yet? :hmm:

I went over to JJ's after Copfurn as we finished early... Last entries there 2pm

Did you tell Mrs Broken Man (Broken Woman?) you went to two shoots on the same day? Well.........did you :yes:

:hmm: B)

Did you tell Mrs Broken Man (Broken Woman?) you went to two shoots on the same day? Well.........did you :yes:

:hmm: B)

I have to fess-up. She was at family birthday........ so I managed to tunnel out!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Popped down to South Wales 2000 ground this afternoon to try and get to grips with the new trap gun. Gorgeous day, and very quiet, everyone was at the ABT in Llandegla. Ideal for practicing. Started on the DTL just to get my eye in with it, shot a dissapointing 21. Missed first two on stand 1, then 2 more or stand 2 then hit the rest. Had a bit of a think about it, wasnt trying hard enough, being lazy and not swinging through, so shot another round.... 25 straight with two second barrels... getting better.

OT layout was busy, and didnt have time to wait for it to clear so had a round of ABT before I came home and shot a 22. Chuffed with that, only shot ABT 3 times before. liking the DT10 so far. :good:

I went to Worsley on Saturday and shot a disappointing 77 :good: .

Some very tricky targets though, :hmm: an interesting course. All targets perfectly hittable (lot of whingeing going on though) :lol: but not easy.

BIG word of warning for anybody planning a visit. The already notoriouis dirt track has been made worse by the "construction" of what I can only describe as tank traps either side of the bungalow half way down the track. Due to loads of people going too fast and burying the guys bungalow in dust and dinging one of his vans, they've gouged out two trenches in the track :lol::lol::hmm: . There are warning notices in each direction.

On Saturday, there was a white van man who looked like he'd cracked his sump. There was a splodge of oil on the edge of the trench, then a solid trail of oil over to where he'd come to a stop and he was waiting for a tow :D An expensive round of clays, I suspect ???

Edited by Chard

Took the AYA sbs to Fyfield on Thursday, it shoots nice, only problem is the need to wear a glove as the barrels got a tad warm after 100 carts, nice sporting layout , an interesting stand shooting rabbit over water shows when you shoot low. Yesterday was a 50 bird shoot at Churchill of Dereham end of month shoot , nice friendly crowd, not too busy, interesting layout of stands including the 'lead shower' stand as the misses called it, as it stood in the fallout area from a previous stand that was an overhead pair of incoming.

Mike.

Edited by MGMan

I did a 42/50 at the Bell shoot yesterday morning, should really have been more but it wasn't.

42 was high gun though shared with 3 others.

Busy week this week shooting tonight, tomorrow and wednesday.