which 4x4?

mahmood

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have my 90 2.5 d for sale if anyone is interested?

I live in south dorset.

It is a b reg swb 90, 2500cc normally aspirated diesel, new mud tyres, 119,500 miles, 8 months mot, 6 months tax, seats in back with sliding windows, new brakes, radiotor, gearbox, heavy duty clutch, and lots of other things. Not the normal farmers rubbish with black smoke but a well looked after vehicle with very good paint work ( a few stratches) which hasnt been used off road much.

offers over £2450 or swap for another 4x4.

check out this site, for your ultimate xmas prezzy boys,no other 4x like it apparently,i just watched this guy race a 4x4 up a sand dune,no comp .

i think you should all make a small donation to the LURCHERBOY offroad appeal i can just picture it LB custom painted crossed scissors on the doors and all. :):P narly dude

martin

http://www.mattracks.com/html/video_clips.htm

YES YES YES. I know it is hard to improve on a Land Rover, some say it may be impossible, but I am always open for ideas. Thats why I support TLE's appeal to send large amounts of wad to LB, the greatest Land Rover owner ever.

Dont question your consience, just go with TLE ideas, you all know he speaks common sense.

LB :)

i have an alterior motive to this post, im hoping to come back this xmas to visit the family ,and i'll need a ride, to and from a bar (pub), in a sporting set of wheels/tracks which ever they by for you( as a gift of course ,in lue of all the knowledge and wisdom you've given to the site user's :*) ),hoping you could indulge in an ale or 10,

seasons greets an all .

martin ??????:):P

To all you landrover buffs- the rear lights on my 90 are not working but only on the left hand side. THe bulbs are ok so are the fuses so i presume that it is the wiring? Do you know how much it would be to replace? Also there is a rattling, screeching sound coming from the front axle area, brakes perhaps- im wondering if they are sticking because when i braked hard yesterday the front left wheel locked for a few seconds.

Any help much appreicated.

Sam.

• 2 weeks later...

My First 4x4 was a Vitara and it did me proud went most places as long as you kept going! It even out drove a few other 4x4's as it was light and didn't get bogged down.

For a 17 year old it didn't look to hair dressery even though it was a soft top!

Landies are for me I drive a Discovery and LOVE it, you could drive it up a wall.

Had varoius landies best was afour liter V8 90 THE 50 TH Anniversary one wish I had not got rid of it.

For a budget of £1000 it's got to be a range rover. You won't get a coil sprung anything-else for that money. Diesel conversions abound even at that price. For £850 I recently picked up a '87 model with a 3.5l Mazda TD engine fitted. Pulls like a train and does 25 mpg. On road comfort and good off raod manners too on all-terrain tyres. A similar age 90 or 110 is going to be 2-3 times the price even with just the crappy 2.5l Landie n/a diesel unit, and don't even touch the Landie turbo diesel unit.

The jap stuff is generally more reliable but parts are hugely expensive when required and often hard to get. Landie parts are needed more often but are dirt cheap and easy to get hold of.