canada goose

Guest ferret_meister

Guest ferret_meister

A friend of mine who owns a fishery has a big prob with canada geese, this is prolly totaly illegal, but, hes said i can present myself and mop a few of the beggers up for myself, What i want to know is , ...

am i at risk of some health prob from eating one/two/three of em ?

thanks

This is a fool proof way of cooking Canada's, first put the oven on for 20 mins or so @ gas mark 6, then turn the oven up to 7 for 10 mins. Then put the goose in the oven, along with a house brick. Give it 45mins per lbs then, throw the goose away and eat the brick." Far tastier".

Canada geese are very fine eating, alot of people rate them above all other wild geese.

The trick is to try and pick a young bird, it will be tasty and tender just plain roasted. Canada's can live a long time so an old bird will still be tasty but can be very tough. For an old bird try cutting off the breast steaks and cooking them in a slow cooker.

I shot 3 Canadas and a Mallard last night, lost one of the Canadas in the reedbeds though. One of them was a young one but the other is absolutely HUGH, 17lbs to be exact. My mate recons the best way to cook the big one is to take the breast meat off and pound it with a steak hammer then pan fry it.

• 5 months later...

you might of shoot one of the larger sub species of canada's and they are very good .bake them entill done then thinly slice the meat soak it in honey garlic sauce

and place on top of bed of rice.there is a total of 8 sub species the biggest weighs almost 20 pounds an the smallest weighs just under 3 pounds.