Airgun Lamp

HeadShotHoncho

well i would advise any one not to get a deben stinger i got it for ratting and wat a pile of **** the pressure pad switch is flimsy and brakes with one touch well you get a lose wire but it cant be fixed as the pressure pad is a sealed unit and in the other switch you get with it the wiring burns out so all the insulation melts and short circuits. it happened once so i sent it back to get a replacement and now the second one has done the same.

i had a logun lamp and i got rid as its ****, i also have shootalite sl2 which is much better but i dont think i would recomend this either. i have herd of people buying 1 inch mounts from bisley. these fix to the scope and you can fix a maglite to it. used maglite £10 on fleabay and i bet the inch mounts are only a blueback delivered

out lamping last night used 3 dif lamps the logun which a mate had deben tracer atom a mate used then mine which i use a deben max

the logun was well poor the atom was not bad and mine out did them both its a large lamp but it does the job well my money is always on the max

The best all round lamp i've seen, used or own, is the Deben Max Pro.

Its a medium sized lamp that casts a very good beam. Some people say its overkill for an airgun, but I beg to differ. What alot of people seem to miss, is that whilst its advertised 400m beam is over the top for 30-40 yard shoting, it comes in very useful when you want to scan around and beyond, looking for your quarry.

Another important fact to note is that when you add a red filter for instance, the output of the lamp is reduced by up top 60%. So with this lamp, I can still scan a good way ahead of me.

Add in the variable light adjustment and you get a very controlable beam. Even when its on its almost off, dimest setting, it will still light up an eyes reflection, without disturbing the quarry.

The battery pack is quite weighty though and is probably the only downside if you want to travel light. But in all honesty, its no big problem and the fact it will last a full night of continued lamping, is brilliant. I use a nylon quick release belt to hold he battery pack, but its not too big that it won't fit in a bum bag etc.

It may cost a tad more than the smaller lamps available but its one versatile light. As I also now use it on my rimfires .22LR and .17HMR, its been one of the best purchases i've made.

I use a Surefire tactical weapon light that I bought from a member on the AA owners club forum. Put's out about 100 lumens (3 cell maglite's about 35 lumens) in a nice tight beam, but is relatively small and light in comparison.

Have you ever tested it for range, how much was it. I've seen some LED torches on the internet that mount onto the scope that look alright.

Thanks everyone, HSH :good:

For rabbits and any short range work I would recommend a surefire g2 flashlight which come with a life time warranty.

They are very cheap on ebay from the u.s.

You could buy the torch, mount, pressure switch and 12 batteries for under your budget.

They are also very light and can mount on scope or silencer/barrel with no need to carry a large aukward battery pack.

Shooting sub f.a.c you don't need to light the world up, so the surefire is ideal as it has a tight powerful focused beam out to 35m.

Only downside is the cost and duration of the batteries but spend a little more on an l.e.d version and you will struggle to find a simpilar better lamping outfit.

I had a logun which comes with a seperate battery and pack.

Battery was the same size as a modern motorcycle battery.

The leads to the battery and the weight and size of the battery crazed me. before moving into a shooting position 9/10 times I would have to position the battery first.

Long charging times and only 2 hours worth of good light.

For short range I think a powerful torch (surefire etc) is the best option.

I use a Surefire tactical weapon light that I bought from a member on the AA owners club forum. Put's out about 100 lumens (3 cell maglite's about 35 lumens) in a nice tight beam, but is relatively small and light in comparison.

Have you ever tested it for range, how much was it. I've seen some LED torches on the internet that mount onto the scope that look alright.

Thanks everyone, HSH :good:

Range is around 100m. Beam is nice and tight (about 15 degrees) so you don't spook quarry as much as with a floodlight.

just looked on fleabay, search on there for cree led and you get tons of stuff that is great. I've found a Spiderfire aliminium torch asnd Romisen for only about 40 quid and i've seen some with low, high and strobe.

You get them from Hong Kong but you get a charger set and their 600 lumens and 150 at 30%, if you spend a bit less you get a 120 lumens and you get a mount and pressure pad, their made of aircraft and would easily fit a maglite clamp. There mostly Cree branded and some Cree ones are only 176 but 500 would be good for FAC air

Thanks, HSH :blush:

Edited by HeadShotHoncho

Oh, i forgot, got an e-mail from Deben today:

Quote: It would be advisable to buy the lamp kit with the dimmer as this works

out slightly cheaper; unfortunately this is the cost of a UK

manufactured dimmer switch.

Regards

Sales

Deben Group Industries Ltd :Quote

They dont even give any industrial ****, they just say that it costs that much. I bet you the materials and labour to make it cost about £3 :blush:

Thanks, HSH :good: