Zero and testing 100m

Yonic

Well. Yesterday I helped out on the range day for the BDS DSC1 course and got to have a play afterwards, The below are 2 groups I shot at 100m with the .223, I was using Sako 50grn rounds and shooting with the Howa 1500 which is in my aviator. The group with my thumb in is a five shot group and a slight shame the one was a little out of out , the second is a 3 shot group and to give you an idea of scale the white patch that the shots are amongst are 22mm across, this group as far as I can work out is about 1/2 an inch. So if anybody out where wants to know how well the Howa will shot with factory loads here you go. 2 of the best groups I've ever shot.

Cheers Jon

post-3669-1208164357.jpg

post-3669-1208168378.jpg

Edited by Yonic

I was thinking about that on the way home form the range. Just wondering if it was possible to get much of an improvement!! Hopefully I can get a load sorted that matches what it was achieving with the sako's though and with a bit of luck and practice it may work out a little cheaper. The 6.5 wasn't quite as tight a group but just over and inch so still pretty good, Hopefully that is where I could get some saving though as 6.5 rounds aren't the cheapest..

Cheers Jon

Edited by Yonic