cz 452 .22lr custom stocks??

colinmullis286

For the sort of money they are asking, I'd be happier buying a new scope, sling and mod. Maybe even hiring a porter to carry the rifle to me. Hell, I've bought cars for less than that!

Yes, some of them look nice, but my rifles are tools and they work well enough as they are.

i have just ordered a Tack driver stock for my CZ452 from Rifle-stock (Richards microfit ) spoke to a guy called Ruben on the phone and he took all my details for the order , absolutely great guy had no problems at all and in total with a recoil pad ansd studs cost me £130 delivered !! BARGAIN :yahoo::yahoo:

just got to wait for about 10 weeks though :) ****** !!!

shaun

Edited by henry d

Shaun,

I ordered the same stock in Black/Grey and from Ruben as well.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but if that arrives in 10 weeks you will be very very lucky - my last one took 4 months :good:

Mine was ordered on 13 February, I was going to start chasing at the end of May if it isn't here by then.

• 1 month later...

The thing with Richards Micro-Fit is you never know whether to laugh or cry :good:

Luckily I am not waiting on this stock, I have an ABS that one that works just fine so none of this really bothers me.

I got a letter from them yesterday to aplologise for the fact due to 'the current change of office personnel' my order placed in February was never processed ???

That might explain why my emails and voice messages have also gone un answered.

So I have the option of cancelling, or getting to the back of the queue again, current lead is quoted as 10 to 13 weeks, with a backorder for some styles of a month.

Oh well, it may make a nice Christmas present from to me - if it arrives before then of course . .

• 3 weeks later...

As they used to say in Viz "imagine my surpise" this morning when the postman knocked on the door, I answer expecting my new rod and he hands me a package from Sun Valley California, it's the stock I ordered back in February.

So now the jouney realy begins :good:

Shaun, if you are reading this, did yours ever arrive?

Do the stocks from them come"drop in" or do you need to do a lot of work to them before they fit ? The reason i ask is my mate got one from somewhere and when it come it looked like a blind man on a galloping horse had cut it with a chainsaw and it took him hours of work before he could fit it.

I am not sure of the wording I think they call them 90% finished?, I don't want drop in as I want to make some changes to it anyway, and a bit of fettling for the action is only to be expected.

I'll let you know when I get round to playing with it, it couldn't have come at a worse time I have half a dozen other projects to finish first.

But, yes they are roughed out with what looks like a rasp, that is fine on Laminate but that can cause problems on normal wooden stocks as some wood doesn't respond to well to that sort of machining.

I'll take a couple of pictures later.

Here are some close-ups, I would say the finishing work is not for the feint hearted.

The inletting has been very roughly hacked out with a router, from my previous experience unless you ask them speciifically they are normally well undersized.

So here we go, the stock at stage zero.

P1010353__Medium_.JPG

P1010352__Medium_.JPG

P1010351__Medium_.JPG

P1010350__Medium_.JPG

P1010349__Medium_.JPG

The finished article looks absolutley amazing. However, seeing Stuartp's unfinished delivered product casts a doubt as to wether I really want to go down the route of buying one now. :good: I struggle with time as it is so getting one that looks like it needs a lot of time and effort to finish puts me off. The bonus though is the price... :good:

I used files, various grades of sandpaper and raw talent on the last one :good:

I have thought about getting a dremmel, this could be the perfect excuse.

As anyone who has done one will tell you, have to take your time as it is easy to take some off, sticking it back on isn't quite so easy.

It is more a less a blank canvas, that is one of the appeals you can do what you want with it.

I glass bedded my CZ527 and it was a bit of a mess, so I did it again and it is now, err functional shall we say.

I am not sure rimfires benefit much from bedding but I am sure someone will disagree.